Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apache AH-64D

Yo,

I am interested in modding a electric heli to an Apache AH-64D..Longbow model.

ARe there any out there who have an apache? How do I go about modding it? And what heli is best to work on for such a mod?

Thanks!

Tis has been posted b4!!! With a link to a site which shows a guy mobbing it!!!

Do a search!!!

Comment

Apache

Sorry, I always searched for Apache and got all the results on the Apache 2030 charger. Now i search for apache heli instead. Thnx i got the link alrd

But that guys version is huge. Is is possible to make small scale models?

Comment

Hobby Shack at Fok Hai Building has one on display.

Comment

Which is a good platform for modification? Is trex good? If you convert pod and boom heli to scale heli like apache, will it affect the flight characteristics cg etc?

Comment

Let me see whether I can answer some of your question:

The Apache u see in "Hobby Shack" is so called 1:32 size. That is 1cm of the scale is equal to real world of 32cm.

There are a few 1:32 size heli. "Elite Force" is one of them. This company is famous of producing 12inch Action Figure. So far I manage to find it in some "Toy'R'us" branch.

The 1:32 size is more suitable for HoneyBee/GWS Dragonfly/Hummingbird/Hornet II size. If u can get Blackhawk or Huey or other heli will be better fit due to HoneyBee/GWS Dragonfly/Hummingbird/Hornet II main gear is considered very big and thus heli like Cobra or Apache may not be nice fit in because u have to cut the scale to make room for the main gear.

Another alternative is those tamiya plastic model heli BUT it is WAY too expensive and troublesome to use it for scale.

For our TRex, the size u should look for is 1:18 size. There are a few manufacturer that produce 1:18 size. Elite Force and BBI are some of them. U can see the size of 1:18 Huey (by BBI) at Millenia Walk but they are not for sales.

So far I unable to find 1:18 scale in Singapore. I did ask U.S. online shop before and the price/cost for transportation to Singapore is USD50!!!!
            For Elite Force, u have Blackhawk, PaveHawk, Kiowa, Apache and Hudges. For BBI, u have Cobra and Huey.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Oh... Edition:
              U definitely need to mod the Heli (TRex for example) to remove some parts that is unnecessary and rearranging it is necessary for the sack of CG and unwanted weight.

For our normal direct drive Pod and Boom Heli, the only heli to go will be like Bell 222 and Kiowa due to it is "In Line" Tail Rotor design.

For Apache, Blackhawk, and all the hawk series, Cobra, Some Eurocopter and Huey are all "Elevated" Tail Rotor. That means u have to change your tail rotor to be in "Elevated" in order to have better scale. If u go "In Line", it still works but not nice to look at. (Heck that is why I come out my own "Elevated" Tail Rotor for my TRex)

For separate motor drive tail rotor like HoneyBee/GWS Dragonfly/Hummingbird/Hornet II is easier because u just put it upward.

If u go for Blackhawk heli (or any hawk series), if u want better scale or something interesting is that u have to design a way to make your tail rotor tilted at an angle. For more scale, all U.S. made heli is CCW rotation heli and therefore, u might want to reverse your heli rotor to spin CCW instead. Raptor and TRex can do that.

Super-Hornet

Comment

I always thought that 1:32 = 1/32 of original size...no?

TREX 500 ESP
                Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Hi Art

1:32 or 1/32 all should be the same. See... If 1cm of scale => 32cm of real, then also mean in real size, 1meter of the measurement is scale down 1/32 times to the scale. With that, the smaller the "xx" value (ie 1:xx), the bigger the scale model. if xx equal to 1, then 1:1 equal to the same size.

Super-Hornet

Comment

confusing...never good in math...
                    TREX 500 ESP
                    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Working...
                    X