Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Align mCCPM cyclics faster than Align CF?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Align mCCPM cyclics faster than Align CF?

Hi all

In response to someone who like to give me -ve while replying/answer some thread that is not directly to the topic but related, so I decided to reply JerahTeo question in "Battery and Charger" as new thread instead.

So here is my reply Jerah (And for some who wanted to know it):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, I still have my mCCPM v2 TRex and also Align CF Frame. In terms of speed, yes definitely mCCPM TRex response faster than CF in certain way. In mCCPM, its cyclics control are actually get amplified (by mechanical linkages) That means, small movement in servo is amplified and thus you are actually moving/changing its cyclics more than u wanted. That is why for mCCPM TRex, u need to set your End Point to smaller throw or using Dual/Exponential Rate.

In eCCPM Align CF, the servos is directly link to swash plate. That means there is no mechanical amplification/reduction to the cyclic throw and thus smaller movement responses. With that, u need to have higher throw End Point or smaller Dual/Exponential Rate.

Now comparing both eCCPM Align CF and mCCPM TRex, the eCCPM should give u more precise control and faster response because no amplification/reduction time delay. With that, if u set your end point to higher throw or with lower dual rate, both eCCPM and mCCPM should give u equally speed in terms of cyclics throw.

Only drawback of eCCPM CF to mCCPM is that:
    1 - When u crash your heli, chances that u will damage your HS-56 servo gear because of direct linkages.
    2 - Need better or more first time or setup adjustment to the cyclics (AFR, Dual Rate).

BTW, on Oct 30, 2005, I crash my Align CF due to lousy RX that causing it to lost control... came thumbling down to the ground from like 3 storey high. And the damage: Minor bended main shaft, broken landing skids which has been CA many times and pride.

This is where how I put it: If u want mCCPM, then go for XL HDE. If u want eCCPM, then go for Align (Or other brand CF) CF frame. I kinda dislike CDE's eCCPM design.
    -------------------------------------------------------

SH

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
    Hi all

In response to someone who like to give me -ve while replying/answer some thread that is not directly to the topic but related, so I decided to reply JerahTeo question in "Battery and Charger" as new thread instead.

So here is my reply Jerah (And for some who wanted to know it):
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, I still have my mCCPM v2 TRex and also Align CF Frame. In terms of speed, yes definitely mCCPM TRex response faster than CF in certain way. In mCCPM, its cyclics control are actually get amplified (by mechanical linkages) That means, small movement in servo is amplified and thus you are actually moving/changing its cyclics more than u wanted. That is why for mCCPM TRex, u need to set your End Point to smaller throw or using Dual/Exponential Rate.

In eCCPM Align CF, the servos is directly link to swash plate. That means there is no mechanical amplification/reduction to the cyclic throw and thus smaller movement responses. With that, u need to have higher throw End Point or smaller Dual/Exponential Rate.

Now comparing both eCCPM Align CF and mCCPM TRex, the eCCPM should give u more precise control and faster response because no amplification/reduction time delay. With that, if u set your end point to higher throw or with lower dual rate, both eCCPM and mCCPM should give u equally speed in terms of cyclics throw.

Only drawback of eCCPM CF to mCCPM is that:
    1 - When u crash your heli, chances that u will damage your HS-56 servo gear because of direct linkages.
    2 - Need better or more first time or setup adjustment to the cyclics (AFR, Dual Rate).

BTW, on Oct 30, 2005, I crash my Align CF due to lousy RX that causing it to lost control... came thumbling down to the ground from like 3 storey high. And the damage: Minor bended main shaft, broken landing skids which has been CA many times and pride.

This is where how I put it: If u want mCCPM, then go for XL HDE. If u want eCCPM, then go for Align (Or other brand CF) CF frame. I kinda dislike CDE's eCCPM design.
    -------------------------------------------------------

SH
    Apologise for if any of my unintentional word offended you directly or indirectly.

Still want to thank you for you info that you had provided me. Pardon me , there are still many things or term which I am not aware.

For example when you say... "u need to have higher throw End Point or smaller Dual/Exponential Rate."

How do you set high throw end point or dual/exponential rate.

Thank you once again.

Comment

Hi JerahTeo

No u didn't offended me in any way. It is someone who like to give ppl -ve reputation (Yes U know who u are...if u reading it). I recently get another -ve point in the Polyurethane topic.

Back to your question.
      Adjusting Endpoint... I not sure what TX u using because different brand/model has different menu to adjust. What I trying to say is that, U want to have wider servo arm swing in eCCPM. The Dual/Exponential Rate is more like personal preferences. Oh... Forgot to say that in Futaba 9CHP, in eCCPM, u don't adjust the EndPoint but instead adjusting the Swash AFR. Swash AFR is similar to Endpoint but it is tied/group in such a way when u adjust the Aileron (for example), both side Servo Endpoint is adjusted accordingly. Adjusting Swash AFR is like adjusting its mixing... rather than individual servo/channel end point.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hi JerahTeo

No u didn't offended me in any way. It is someone who like to give ppl -ve reputation (Yes U know who u are...if u reading it). I recently get another -ve point in the Polyurethane topic.

Back to your question.
        Adjusting Endpoint... I not sure what TX u using because different brand/model has different menu to adjust. What I trying to say is that, U want to have wider servo arm swing in eCCPM. The Dual/Exponential Rate is more like personal preferences. Oh... Forgot to say that in Futaba 9CHP, in eCCPM, u don't adjust the EndPoint but instead adjusting the Swash AFR. Swash AFR is similar to Endpoint but it is tied/group in such a way when u adjust the Aileron (for example), both side Servo Endpoint is adjusted accordingly. Adjusting Swash AFR is like adjusting its mixing... rather than individual servo/channel end point.

Super-Hornet
        SH; I am using the cheap Hitec Optic 6 TX , can I do anything of what you had mention in my TX.

Pardon me but I thought servo arm swing are standard 60 degree, you mean that can be adjusted to more than 60 degree. Correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Hi JerahTeo

Back to your question.

Super-Hornet
          I can't think of any who has made so much contribution on the t-rex..your effort is never in vain. Just want to show my appreciation on behalf of the t-rex lovers. Cheers.

Comment

Yes our normal servo only swing 60Degree (is it? I didn't measure). Only servo use for retractable landing gear and robotic servo can swing 180Degree.

In our TRex, we never use that much of full swing anyway, if u do, it will either hit the top/bottom part of rotor head or hitting here and there or too much binding.

For our Align CF, (Remember the previous reply on your post), the lowest part of servo (either left or right... depend on where u put it) will hit the main gear if we swing too much.

I not sure abt your Optic TX but I believe quite limited changes but I still think u should have Swash AFR setting like Futaba 9CHP.

What I set on my Align CF is that, I use the 2nd most hole from center of servo horn and then adjust my Swash AFR till it almost hit the main gear when at max throw (That is full -ve pitch with 11o'clock stick position for Mode 2 TX or full Elevator and full Aileron). Remember to cut off the access servo arm (The one lowest to the main gear)

With that settings, u should have the best performance already. If u still feel cyclic slow, then set your exponential with +ve expo (sensitive at middle stick)

SH

Comment

Hey awesome.... Thanks for your +ve Rep. Appreciated!

SH

Comment

Working...
              X