Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp of muffler and engine

I am new to glow fuel engine. Today i was tuning my ratpr30 with tt39h engine, i am able to increase the rpm by allowing more fuel in, but i felt that the muffler and engine is very very hot, can i know what should the temp be?

Originally posted by Syphonics
    I am new to glow fuel engine. Today i was tuning my ratpr30 with tt39h engine, i am able to increase the rpm by allowing more fuel in, but i felt that the muffler and engine is very very hot, can i know what should the temp be?
    hmm allowing more fuel in ? hmm i thought it will run at rich, so it will not be that hot ? but i think is all right even if it is very hot.. sorry i am lousy at engine temp haven learn how to tune a engine
    [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

lean=hotter in general.

rich=cooler

for tt39 you'll have to run hotter than normal engines to get the power. after flying abit land and touch the backplate, if its fairly hot to you, then its ok. but that's just a general guide.
      JR 9x
      Raptor 50 SE
      Raptor 90 3D
      Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
      Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
      Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

I wrote this sometime back. It's still valid. Here's the link

I have not said anything on the smoke because it depends on the type of fuel you are using.

Comment

no specific numbers, but the back plate of the engine should not be so hot that you cannot even hold your finger there and count one thousand, two thousand, three thousand. At the very least, two seconds. Muffler usually not that accurate, cause usually it is quite hot even if you are running a bit rich.

I suspect you are leaning the engine instead of opening the needle. You sure you turned the needle counter-clockwise?

Try doing the needle mod, highly recommended.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X