Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornet 2?

Hey any hornet 2 flyers here? Is it better than the trex, and whats the price like?

Why is it that not many ppl fly hornet here?

I fly a Hornet X3D and it has a better power to weight ratio than the T-Rex but it's smaller and lighter as well. I would not say it's better, just different. If you're interested, I'm thinking of selling my X3D as well - too many helis now, and need to consolidate.

Daniel

Comment

Fit and I are still flying the Hornet 2. Still the cheapest 3D microheli out there, I feel.

Not everyone's cup of tea. But once you get the hang of how to fix it, flying it is simply a dream.

Comment

Yup I am still faithful to my hornet. The Trex and H2 are in different classes and a such you cant say one is better than the other. The Hornet is a true 3D microheli wherelse the trex is more a mini heli due to its size.

The Hornet is lighter and electronics used are smaller and cheaper. Flying characteristics are very good. It can be made to be a very stable and docile flyer to a 3D monster without needing any upgrades.

If you are going for a Hornet get the X3D. Most of the problems in the H2 has been addressed with the X3D. So far there's little complains from X3D flyers as compared to H2 flyers.

Look around at online hobby shops like fxaero, modefos for good deals on H2 kits as some of them are clearing them out.
        -Feda Dragonfly
        -Hornet 2
        -Pilot OK Turmeric
        -Zoom Zoom 4D
        -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
        -Hornet X3D
        -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
        -Formosa 1
        -World Models Spot On 50
        -HB King 2
        -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
        -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
        (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Size

Whats the size of a hornet compared to a Trex and also they are not available locally?

I also heard the replacement for crashes ARE $$$

Is that true?

Comment

Size comparison

Here's a picture of the Hornet, Zap400 and T-rex side by side to give you an idea of the size differences.

-Feda Dragonfly
            -Hornet 2
            -Pilot OK Turmeric
            -Zoom Zoom 4D
            -Hornet X3D
            -Formosa 1
            -World Models Spot On 50
            -HB King 2
            -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
            (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Both the Trex and Hornet are available locally. Parts supply for both is not a problem. Hornet parts are carried by Hobby Shack and also Jet Hobby.

Prices of replacement parts are more expensive compared to the rex.
              However the quality of the molding by MS is top notch. Very clean molds for such small parts. The smaller they get the harder it is to mold it precisely thus the more ex the part is.

However due to its lightweight, crashes do not cost that many parts. My past few crashes didn't even require parts replacement. Just ball links that broke off or pivots that broke off that i replaced with screwed on balls and screws as pivots.

Most of the time its the main shaft and tail gears that goes in a crash. Being quick on hitting throttle hold helps prevent major damage and results with the heli not breaking any parts.

The single most expensive item in a crash are the Carbon Fiber blades. If you tend to crash just get alternative foam blades from Jet Hobby which are so much cheaper to crash and replace without sacrificing much on performance.

Originally posted by Inteliq
              Whats the size of a hornet compared to a Trex and also they are not available locally?

I also heard the replacement for crashes ARE $$$

Is that true?
              -Feda Dragonfly
              -Hornet 2
              -Pilot OK Turmeric
              -Zoom Zoom 4D
              -Hornet X3D
              -Formosa 1
              -World Models Spot On 50
              -HB King 2
              -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
              (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

!

Thanks a lot for sharing infor!

Comment

Originally posted by Fit
                  Both the Trex and Hornet are available locally. Parts supply for both is not a problem. Hornet parts are carried by Hobby Shack and also Jet Hobby.

Prices of replacement parts are more expensive compared to the rex.
                  However the quality of the molding by MS is top notch. Very clean molds for such small parts. The smaller they get the harder it is to mold it precisely thus the more ex the part is.

However due to its lightweight, crashes do not cost that many parts. My past few crashes didn't even require parts replacement. Just ball links that broke off or pivots that broke off that i replaced with screwed on balls and screws as pivots.

Most of the time its the main shaft and tail gears that goes in a crash. Being quick on hitting throttle hold helps prevent major damage and results with the heli not breaking any parts.

The single most expensive item in a crash are the Carbon Fiber blades. If you tend to crash just get alternative foam blades from Jet Hobby which are so much cheaper to crash and replace without sacrificing much on performance.
                  also, in a crash, rajoo's CA plays an important part.. right, FIT? u were lucky u found the other half of ur carbon blade..

heh heh..
                  this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

Ditto, the foam blades are truly a God-send. I'm not going back to the carbons even if they were free. 1) It's scary spooling with the carbons up in the hands. 2) I still feel that weighted carbons put more load on the head than the foamies of the same weight. I know it makes no sense, but it feels that way from (1)

Comment

hi guys, saw it somewhere. sure a nice heli..how much roughly will the X3D cost? thanks.

Comment

$350 for the kit excluding electronics, motor, etc.

Talk to me if you want to buy one and I can make you a good deal.

Daniel

Comment

wow.... much more expensive than Trex

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Wee
                            $350 for the kit excluding electronics, motor, etc.

Talk to me if you want to buy one and I can make you a good deal.

Daniel
                            thanks for your offer, Daniel. much appreciated but i don't even have a decent tx yet so just trying to do my sums here first..

Comment

I know the feeling so don't let that stop you. Let me know what you're working with and maybe we can work something out.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
                              X