X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with 450 tail setup, gy401 gyro

Hi everyone!

am new here, as well as to the hobby in general. I got a hk450 based off the trex450 se v2 flybar model, am having problems with slight drifting (my control linkages are probably not centered properly to swashplate) as well as setting up my futaba gy401, haven't dared to fully hover yet in order to set neutral to setup the avcs/hh neutral point, as it keeps spinning and I don't trust my hovering skills yet, especially with the sideways drift that I haven't managed to rectify.

Would anyone mind helping me out setting this up? I don't mind travelling over at your convenience, or otherwise if there are any peeps planning to fly sometime during the weekends I could come join and learn from you guys!

Originally posted by hanafi View Post
    Hi everyone!

am new here, as well as to the hobby in general. I got a hk450 based off the trex450 se v2 flybar model, am having problems with slight drifting (my control linkages are probably not centered properly to swashplate) as well as setting up my futaba gy401, haven't dared to fully hover yet in order to set neutral to setup the avcs/hh neutral point, as it keeps spinning and I don't trust my hovering skills yet, especially with the sideways drift that I haven't managed to rectify.

Would anyone mind helping me out setting this up? I don't mind travelling over at your convenience, or otherwise if there are any peeps planning to fly sometime during the weekends I could come join and learn from you guys!
    Is the GY401 red LED "On" , if it is "ON" it is in AVCS mode.
    The slight drift is normal for flybar helis, your fingers need to counteract the drift.
    You could try make some training gear and hop around on a smooth surface until you get the confidence to hover higher.
    http://rchelicopterpage.weebly.com/save-money-diy.html

Dun worry you'll get the hang of it after some practice.
    Have fun!
    Im a lousy flier. ☠

Comment

You using what brand of tx and what mode?

You can try watching YouTube videos on how to setup.

Comment

thanks guys.
        I finally managed to get it to HH! it seems to hold the tail now, but i haven't fully hovered yet, still with training skids dragging on ground, so maybe it might still drift once i go full hover, as my throttle was only about 45%.

to answer your questions noob, prior to this, basically i have been trying to set it up in rate mode to hover without drift, so as to get the neutral point and set it for AVCS mode. so far the LED has only been blinking.

today, after several tries of restarting the heli, finally for the first time I got a solid red lock on the gyro, and now the tail has stopped drifting. I am using training skids with those yellow balls, and i've still not performed a full hover yet.. still have the skids dragging on the ground, as the sideways drift is still pretty bad, maybe about 0.7m/s with the skids still dragging. I'm afraid if I fully hover (under my void deck, haven't gone out to field yet) I will just end up crashing into something haha.

So I think the next steps is to solve the drift before I really take it for a spin.
        Right now, the swashplate looks pretty level by eye, and to counteract the left drift, I've even subtrimmed the aileron to be angled to the right but still doesn't help. I suppose I should be checking blade angles and recalibrating the swashplate now? Are there any tools to help with this? Maybe I'm cock-eyed, and cannot get the level correct hahaha.

I use a turnigy 9x, have set it up as per this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LErVMysykhY with the following curves:
        throttle 0 25 50 75 100
        pitch 50 50 62 75 100

Comment

...and i crashed! hahahhahahah! noob panic moment. /facepalm

bent flybar, bent main rotor shaft.

Comment

Working...
          X