Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Helis

I like RC helis. To me this is a lifetime hobby. You can never stop learning. It is really fun. It keeps you thinking and keeps you young, LOL. Interestingly, there are many ways you can enjoy it.

While some like the small ones, others prefer the bigger helis. Size matters.

While some fly with many different size of helis, others have only one love at a time.

While some prefer to fly, others enjoy better when building helis.

While some focus on making progress on the flying skill, others prefer to make friends at the fields.

Most people fix their helis at home, some rather fix the helis at the fields. Don't know why.

Most people learn and fix the helis themselves, while some prefer it to be done by others. Hmm...

Many people practise on simulator, some swear they will never ever use a simulator.

A lot of people think torque tube is bad; it always stripe gears. But, there are people never get a single gear stripped because of torque tube (like me, hehe).

Most buy helis to fly, some buy helis for decoration purpose.

Most buy a practical heli to fly, some feel look is more important than anything else. Hmm....

You can learn flying in a step-by-step manner, but if you wish, go straight to fly piro flip and tic toc ASAP.

Some prefer to fly it high, some can only fly it low. I can't see when it is high...lol.

A few flyers took 3 months to get into flying 3D, there are a few who took seven years to learn nose-in without success. Good luck...don't give up.

People say to tell a person character is to see him play golf, but I will say it is more so with RC helis. LOL, what do you think?

Most people fly with reasonably priced electronics parts, some will never fly with servos that are less than $300 a piece, etc. They said if you can't really fly well then it is better to fly an expensive heli; at least it makes you feel good. It makes sense.... look matters.

Some can fly with any ESC, some can only fly with Kontronik ESCs or whatever. Nothing wrong.

Some can fly for one hour or more none stop, there are people who can't even hover for more than 2 minutes (too stressful).

You can fly a real heli, it doesn't mean you can fly RC heli. These are the words of a real heli pilot.

There are people who never give up even if they crash every week, there are people who give up just after one crash or got demoralized for months. I always think flying RC heli can train your determination.

The most dangerous flyers are those who don't know their limits. Watch out!

Most people learn from mistakes, while some just don't. I also don't why like this. LOL.

Those who come into the hobby like a storm will usually leave without a trace. Why like that?

Believe it or not, someone who flied heli for some time didn't know that transmitter has mode 1 and mode 2. Hmm....

One day, a friend went to the field without his transmitter....
    Another day, another friend went to the filed with his transmitter but without the tx battery...hehe
    Yet another day, the same friend went to the field with everything but forgot to charge his batteries. I don't know what to say. They say anything can happen in the field, really.

So easy to give up. So difficult to stay.

Just enjoy it while you can.

Long but good read. Insightful assessment.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

If you come into the RC heli hobby slowly... You stay longer.
      Psychologically, one is more prepared for major shit if they think and hesitated long enough, hence will not get thrown off his own 3-minute of impulse buying.
      I estimated i need 2 weeks of self poisoning thoughts, youtube and forum review before i commit into buying.
      I dont have impulse buying, as long prices are well above $50.
      I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Comment

its never about buying new craft...
        but maintenance and upgarding
        I love PAP

Comment

think there will be inevitable up and down times. some days just dun feel like flying so take a short break and come back to it later.
          Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Good write up. I once had 3 crashes in 3 days got so fed up almost wanted to give up.
            Instead of learning n improving flying skills, we end up spending so much time in just
            Repairing the helis. The real improvement will come the day when you're no longer are
            Afraid of crashing . For me this came after crashing my first expensive heli, Goblin 630

Cheers

Comment

Repair and calibration thereafter. Thinking the repaired heli will fly great but somehow somewhere u cannot locate the source of vibration... Sibeh SIANZ
              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Buddy, I like your truth. I'm keeping your essay piece as my private memo on desktop. Well said bro. Frankly, as what you said, people come and go with some even making business out of it and involves in politics which killed the hobby, or rather the passion that is supposely to last a lifetime. Maintaining RC Helis is a costly hobby and never come easy without a sustainable job with excess sufficient revenue. The time for assembly, calibration & test flights takes a lot of time. Not many can hold for long and we cannot expect everyone to be the same.

Keep it up buddy, you had my respect for the Heli Division!
                1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
                2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
                3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
                4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
                5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
                6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
                7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
                8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
                9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
                10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
                & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  Repair and calibration thereafter. Thinking the repaired heli will fly great but somehow somewhere u cannot locate the source of vibration... Sibeh SIANZ
                  SO TRUE. IKR?

But when you do get the heli flying, vibration free in the air - low headspeed/highspeed... the feeling is damn shiok\like on cloud 9\like a million bucks. >> the sound, the handling, the smoothness in the air... is like music to the ears and soul...

Comment

7 years??!??

14 years on... I still fly my helis, big and small, EP and nitro.... but I still don't 3D or even hover nose in...
                    huh

Comment

Originally posted by daveth26 View Post
                      Buddy, I like your truth. I'm keeping your essay piece as my private memo on desktop. Well said bro. Frankly, as what you said, people come and go with some even making business out of it and involves in politics which killed the hobby, or rather the passion that is supposely to last a lifetime. Maintaining RC Helis is a costly hobby and never come easy without a sustainable job with excess sufficient revenue. The time for assembly, calibration & test flights takes a lot of time. Not many can hold for long and we cannot expect everyone to be the same.

Keep it up buddy, you had my respect for the Heli Division!
                      Thank you Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by nic View Post
                        7 years??!??

14 years on... I still fly my helis, big and small, EP and nitro.... but I still don't 3D or even hover nose in...
                        Your case seems extreme, you may need some help. By the way, uncle Kenny did nose-in at 70 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
                          Your case seems extreme, you may need some help. By the way, uncle Kenny did nose-in at 70 years old.
                          Nay, let's just say, I am happy and contented just to take the heli out to do simple figure 8s.
                          Actually, I take it back, I can hover head-in with my micros and 250, but choose not to try with the larger helis.

Thanks for the good read though, brought back memories.
                          huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic View Post
                            Nay, let's just say, I am happy and contented just to take the heli out to do simple figure 8s.
                            Actually, I take it back, I can hover head-in with my micros and 250, but choose not to try with the larger helis.

Thanks for the good read though, brought back memories.
                            +1. Fly the way u like it. I can only hover after all these years.
                            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

I cannot hover nose in yet.
                              Too many helis!

Comment

Working...
                              X