Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-Rex onboard camcorder video

Hi,

This might interest some of you. I decided to strap a camcorder on my T-Rex 450XL today just to see what the view looked like from up there. You can have a look at the video here:-

http://media.putfile.com/T-Rex-Eye-In-The-Sky

Let me know what you think. Just remember this is the first time I'm trying this and it was very windy. I was somewhat concerned the extra weight might lead to my inability to recover in time so I flew rather cautiously.

Daniel Wee

can you share what camera you use?
    Nice Video!

Comment

Outstanding Daniel, maybe next time i can fly and u can be my chase cam...that will have more to watch in the video
      My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
      (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
      (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
      (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
      (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
      (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
      Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
      JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Wee
        Hi,

This might interest some of you. I decided to strap a camcorder on my T-Rex 450XL today just to see what the view looked like from up there. You can have a look at the video here:-

http://media.putfile.com/T-Rex-Eye-In-The-Sky

Let me know what you think. Just remember this is the first time I'm trying this and it was very windy. I was somewhat concerned the extra weight might lead to my inability to recover in time so I flew rather cautiously.

Daniel Wee
        wow daniel! u actually used a consumer camcorder instead of a rc type!? i tink the camcorder is more expensive than your t-rex???

the video quality seems quite good, though the field of vision is unexpectedly narrow, did you crop it off or something? and i guess the awkward shape of the cam makes it hard to position nicely, so the landing skid in the video was unavoidable. nice attempt

and may i know where exactly is this place? seems like a nice place to fly planes.
        i got my honeybee and glider

Comment

Actually I had the camera on it's side, rotated by 90 degrees, because I could not fit it vertically under the carriage. As a result I had to rotate it vertically for the video so it looks narrow.

The field is at the Old Holland Rd field. Lots of flyers go there on a weekend. That's where I do most of my flying.

As for the video quality, actually it's even better than this but rendering it into WMV for web results in loss of detail. This is from the Xacti C1 that does not have video stabilization but the heli is surprisingly stable and there didn't seem to be too many bad vibes.

Daniel

Comment

Wow! This is cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!
            alfer

Comment

Daniel,
              Great video! And a fantastic view up there!
              Looking forward to more videos.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

Great video. Never expected it to be clear.
                FLYING IS FUN.
                Stratus, Trex 600 NSP, Swift 16

Comment

Working...
                X