Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptor 50v2 or Hirobo evo or other brands

Hi, I'm looking into getting a Heli. I need some recommendation as to which heli I should get.
    I have no prior experience with Heli. So, the heli that I want to get must be well balance in nature and can perform normal routine out of the box.
    Hope you guys can give me some pointers. Thank you.

Originally posted by mave
    Hi, I'm looking into getting a Heli. I need some recommendation as to which heli I should get.
    I have no prior experience with Heli. So, the heli that I want to get must be well balance in nature and can perform normal routine out of the box.
    Hope you guys can give me some pointers. Thank you.
    I dont think any heli can do that!!!

All of them need proper setup before maiden flight.

Comment

i think he mean a stock heli that can fly without having to upgrade anything right?
      well hirobo can do that, so's the r50,
      my personal preferance right now would be the hirobo sceadu evo 50.
      not much to upgrade, and it is SUPER stable.
      i have an r50 though, but i would like to get a sceado myself later.
      -this is hard saying the sceadu is better than the r50-am a raptor pilot...
      personally, i feel more comfortable with the r50
      --if you do get an evo50, get the OS hyper... the evo is alot heavier than the r50, so this will give u matching pumping action like the r50.
      sar.ratha@me.com
      DEVIL

Comment

Yes, ethinger!
        You got what I meant. I don't want to get a kit which is incapable of flying without first doing some sort of upgrade. That is wasting for me.
        In terms of parts, which has good price and quality part. Maybe I should rephrase that, Value for money.
        Because most of the time quality demands a higher price and I will not refute that.

Originally posted by ethinger
        i think he mean a stock heli that can fly without having to upgrade anything right?
        well hirobo can do that, so's the r50,
        my personal preferance right now would be the hirobo sceadu evo 50.
        not much to upgrade, and it is SUPER stable.
        i have an r50 though, but i would like to get a sceado myself later.
        -this is hard saying the sceadu is better than the r50-am a raptor pilot...
        personally, i feel more comfortable with the r50
        --if you do get an evo50, get the OS hyper... the evo is alot heavier than the r50, so this will give u matching pumping action like the r50.

Comment

Just my opinions:

I'll go for the R50 because the local support is very good. There are many members in this forum who has experience with R50 thus can give you very good advises. Besides, any problems with it you can also refer back to the LHS (rotor) for help. They are known to have the best aftersales support.

Comment

Yup, Tech and part supports are very important. As a beginner, I see myself buying spare parts. So, the LHS must be supportive of the models that I am flying.

Comment

if i wereto start over i'd get an evo 50. the mechanics are more precise imo.
              JR 9x
              Raptor 50 SE
              Raptor 90 3D
              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
              Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
              Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

For the raptor 50, there are two models. One is standard, the other is SE.
                for the SE, will it perform better? Or allow a beginner to handle it better?
                price wise, Rator 50 and Hirobo Sceadu Evo is about the same. I am not sure about the spare parts price. Anyone knows the price difference of spare part between the two helis?

Comment

though I am a raptor flyer, I actually prefer the evo to the r50. The evo seems to be of better engineering and quality. In flight, the evo seems to be quite a bit smoother to fly and make moves easier to execute. However, the raptor is a bit more rugged and take crash better- less damage after opps.
                  For a review of the evo with the building process, go jason.net
                  for raptor stuff, you can try raptortechnique.com

The r50 and the r50se are the same except for a few upgrade parts which are not required even for light aerobatics. They do not really help much in flight unless you are really pushing the machine. The stock r50(of course not on the stock wood blades lah) is enough to take you into flips and rolls, backward and inverted flights.

sigpic

Comment

For learning on, get either the normal Raptor 50 or get a good condition 2nd hand. wood blades can take u a long way, even into basic aerobatics. inverted flight, flips, rolls, loops, backwards, FFF, funnels, etc. No tail slides or tic tocs though.

Stock setup with a 401/925*, mid to top end radio capable of 5 points throttle/pitch curves. stock TT50 engine/muffler will be more than sufficient.stay with blue dampers until u advance into FFF and loops/rolls, then change over to the red ones. 20% nitro highly recommended.

The single most important thing is to get someone experienced to setup the heli and if possible, test fly the thing to ensure everything is working properly. This if not done properly will be dangerous. There are a lot of experts in this forum, so u can try asking for help. ( I charge for those services due to my limited time )

With considerations on brand, first time that should come to mind is availablility of parts, secondly quality, and lastly price. U would hate to be in a situation of having the money but not having the parts. Support from LHS wise is pretty fair nowadays. SHS has still been pretty tempermental with advises which always turns out very expensive. Rotor also has marginal advice credibility, if u want to ask for recommendations or advice, u can ONLY ask Walter for true answers. I've seen quite a bit of new flyers turning up with totally money wasting upgrades bought with advice from salepersons there, so becareful. Like they say, u got to know what u want if u want to enjoy this hobby. it's just a matter of how much u waste before u start to know. The hobby is not expensive, mindless spending is.

Comment

To add to ammo, if you have any doubts or need some advise, it is better to ask in the forums first. But before doing so, try to do a search, some of the topics has already been mentioned many times.

Comment

So far, what I have gathered here are that:
                        for quality built and smooth flying, go for the EVO 50.

for parts support and after sales service, go for the Raptor 50.

For unbais recommendation, search the web.

For first flight, engage an experience flier for maiden flight, and instructional purpose.

I love quality of a product, but I need aftersales service even more... I think my decision is quite clear. Price is about the same for both, the determining point here is the continuation of the fun factor after you bought it.

Comment

am an r50 r90 pilot,

as for parts and supplies of the evo50,
                          Singa hobbies always have them in stock,
                          so for spares of the evo50,
                          u dont need to worry about waiting a couple of months fore shipment arrives.
                          go for EVO, thats what i should have done!
                          sar.ratha@me.com
                          DEVIL

Comment

what i meant by am a raptor pilot is that i dont want to give biased opinion,
                            i should have went for the evo50 and evo90 instead of my current birds!
                            sar.ratha@me.com
                            DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by ethinger
                              am an r50 r90 pilot,

as for parts and supplies of the evo50,
                              Singa hobbies always have them in stock,
                              so for spares of the evo50,
                              u dont need to worry about waiting a couple of months fore shipment arrives.
                              go for EVO, thats what i should have done!

erm...I vaguely remember Kang had to wait a couple of months for the see saw....

and I waited 6 months for some parts on a Shuutle plus....long after I thrashed it..and sold it to Kang....

Perhaps SHS has improved on their stock availability??
                              TREX 500 ESP
                              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Working...
                              X