Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine starting

whenever i try starting my OS90 c spec, it is like flooding, so i need to lossen the plug b4 starting just wondering guys, is there anything wrong with the engine or starter
    Thanks in advance
    JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
    Solid G
    KY-3000 30% nitro

I use a 12V drill to start em. Normal starter can hardly start it.

Comment

most likely u're running pretty rich, so when engine is stored for the week, there are actually quite a lot of excess oil or unburnt fuel in the engine.

It may help if u store your heli tilted towards the exhaust port to drain off excess oil.

It will also help a lot if you prime and start the engine for a few more attempts just to burn off excess nitro in the engine after the end of the flying day.
      [SIZE="1"]
      [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
      Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

haha use a 24V lead acid batt, conform can start with out any hard time
        [B]Kenny[/B]

Goblin 700 | Goblin 500 | Compass 6HV

Unthinkable, unimaginable, incredible, beyond conception and beyond the bounds of possibility!

Comment

What a coincidence! You are not alone!

hope it helps!
          Thanx!
          SLOPE SOARING NOT A CRIME

The irresistible desire, for the irresistibly desired

Multiplex Royal Evo 12 user, and Proud of it.

Comment

Hi,
            This is how I start my YS91.
            1) At the start of the day, clamp the fuel line and turn the engine using your starter. This will loosen up the piston and makes starting easier later.
            2) At the end of every flight, clamp the fuel line and make the engine stop by fuel starvation. Quickly tilt the heli over to the side where the exhaust is, then use your finger to turn the fan until you can feel that the piston is not blocking the exhaust port. Let the excess fuel drain out into the exhaust pipe (you can't see through the metal, so wait for like 10 secs) and while still in a tilted position, use your finger to turn the fan until you can feel that the piston is blocking the exhaust port.
            3) At the end of the flying day, clamp the fuel line, put in the glow plug booster and start the engine repeatedly until the there is no more fuel inside the engine. Once again, use your finger to turn the fan until you can feel that the piston is blocking the exhaust port. Remember to close the air intake by shutting the throttle trim.

Now, the bad news .....

OS91 and it's variants are known to be notoriously difficult to start even if you have a powerful starter. Been there and done that. That's why I use YS91 now.

Comment

Working...
            X