• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many types of hirobo evo are there?

got a friend going to start heli soon

just want an update if you have?
    and whats the price range?
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

From my brief knowledge....

Hirobo Shuttles are the most basic helis, mostly available in 30size only.
    Shuttle ZXX, ZX, etc.. are all varients with some improvements. Shuttle RG being the top of the line of the Shuttle series.

Next up would be the Sceadu series. Sceadu birds are available in 30 & 50 sizes, also available in 120deg swashplate (SWM) or the normal mechanical mixing, HPM as Hirobo calls it.

Then u have the Sceadu Evolution series, which is an improvement of the old Sceadus. Improvements like new rotor head design, larger fuel tanks, etc....but mainly parts are still similar to old Sceadu helis.
    Sceadu Evos are also available in 30 or 50 config, and HPM or SWM config.

Next up u have Freyas, they're evolved from the World Champion Eagle series. They made to be cheaper and afordable and yet sustains the WC Eagle flight characteristics..... Freyas are available in 60, 70, 90 config, then u have the X-Spec (basically Freya 90 with essential upgrades like carbon frames, etc...) Then u have the top of the line Freya with full metal upgrades, just like Shuttle RG. (Cannot remember wat Freya is that.)

Then like the Sceadu & Sceadu Evo, latest Freyas evolved into Freya Evolution (how original the name is), with new rotor head design. FZ4 head i think...

So in summary...

Shuttle Series
    Sceadu
    Sceadu Evolution
    Freya
    Freya Evolution

and top of the line Eagles, which exists since Shuttles and Freyas, and dunno much about it coz i didn't managed to trace history...

So if anyone else is even more familiar with Hirobo Series of helis, do lemme know too...I wanna find out..
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

There are a few flavours of Sceadu Evo.
      Either 30 or 50 size, either HPM (mechanical mixing) or SWM (ccpm). And there is also Sceadu EVO OP with all the Hirobo bling bling included.

I bought a 50 size Sceadu Evo HPM kit 2 weeks ago from SHS for S$574.

More on Hirobo products http://model.hirobo.co.jp/english/

Comment

wow i tot the 50 evos are real expensive!!! but at 574? thats a raptor price!!!
        how did it became so?

SHS must have re-priced their items... so how the support from there ?

i think my friend will lean towards the raptor more but if evo 50 is cheap why not rite? i have never flown one but my IMZ vz the Rappy 50 is night and day;
        one of the reasons why i sold it.

hope to get a feel for the air skipper and see how it compares to the IMZ.

by the way thanks for the info.

i always like how the hirobo machine look but never understood their lingo.. as they have too many types.

Comment

If I not wrong, Hirobo price had gone down as for Raptor price went up about more this days for those who fly Raptor they should know.

Jameswilliam

Comment

Sceadus are made to be more affordable.
            Even in their ads, especially from the ones in MHW magazine, Hirobo is obviously trying to fight the Rappy market.

Parts support is pretty good so far, but i still maintain that customer support isn't that wonderful....ask them if this part is compatible, etc...they sure will not ever know for nuts....

U have to strictly go by part number, and do your research online if you wanna do some upgrading, etc...I usually email Jeff Green from MRC, USA which is Hirobo's USA distributor, or check with the author of www.hirobotechnique.com for any Hirobo parts compatibility issues.

As for buying a Sceadu Evo, i would advise to go for a 50size straight...mainly because the HPM mechanics will come with push-pull mechanics. The 30size kit only comes with the standard servo rods, and to upgrade to a push pull mechanics isn't worth the 30size purchase initially.

To setup for beginner flying, add the flybar paddles with all the included weight leads and set the rotor head for stability....then the Sceadu will hover rock solid!

Twenty seconds handsfree, spot-on hover in minimal wind conditions. No kidding...
            [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

sounds like a great heli manz

Comment

Peggy knows alot about Hirobo parts. Peggy is the lady boss there and she wears spectacles.

You can also ask them in a polite manner to look at the manuals. They have a thick collection of most Hirobo r/c helicopter manuals. But try to be understanding as the shop can be crowded at times.

However, a good advice for beginners is to do some research either online or visit the flying field. Try to get the good stuff on the first buy.

Comment

Well, everytime i ask about some parts, she'll say i dunno, u gotta check the manual. or she'll tell u to give her the parts number....

so after a while, i realised not to waste time and ask....just go, give her a list of what u need, and she'll get everything for u.

One lousy encounter I had was in deciding which mainshaft to get for my Freya. There seems to have 4 varients of main mast for the Freya, and they dun't even know which is for which. The boss was very kind enough to entertain me (despite having quite a few other ang mo customers) by searching the manuals for the few part numbers, but they end up trying to sell me a super hardened mainmast that cost like $40+.
                  [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

harden mainshaft is for Freya 90.

Hmm... maybe I'm auntie killer

Comment

Hi all,
                      I was looking at this 50 size Sceadu Evo kit, but the sale person recommended me 50 size Sceadu first version which comes with the upgrade kit to Evo. Is that possible? Are they pulling a fast one on me?
                      I'm new to RC heli. Even to the extend that I do not know what is a minimum servo for beginner. Please advise.

Comment

There is an upgrade kit for Sceadu to Sceadu Evo.

Comment

what are the pros and cons for the upgrade kit?
                          do you get the new frames? canopy? etc?

Comment

Get the Sceadu Evo 50 HPM Kit Part number 0403-926
                            Or Sceadu Evo 50 HPM ARF with Evo-spec OS 50 engine Part number 0403-927

Comment

Hi Yapjy,

so you are suggesting to skip the version one which comes with an upgrade kit and go straight to the EVO. and not the CCPM type?

Comment

Working...
                              X