Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Experience from my TREX

This weekend something when wrong with my TREX. I realised that my tail was not able to swing to the left looking from the back of the Heli. When I move my tx stick rudder control I can only swing to the right but not left.

Thought that it was the servo that was giving me problem again. Change to another servo my it still the same.

At that time my tx battery level was 9.9 volts. Recharge my tx battery to 11 volts and try but still the same.

Later I went to do a reset to my Optic 6 tx and then I realised everything was back to normal again.

Anybody had this experience before ?

I can only guess....
    Are u using Heading Hold Gyro like Futaba GY240 or GY401? If yes,
    Did u accidentally enable Revo Mixing?
    When u plug in power/or initialise, did u wait for the tail to initialise (Move to initial point) before u move the heli? Gyro like GY240/G401 require 1 to 2 seconds to initialise when power on. If u move the heli during that time, it will confuse the gyro. If that happen, the gyro will behave "SIAU".

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
      I can only guess....
      Are u using Heading Hold Gyro like Futaba GY240 or GY401? If yes,
      Did u accidentally enable Revo Mixing?
      When u plug in power/or initialise, did u wait for the tail to initialise (Move to initial point) before u move the heli? Gyro like GY240/G401 require 1 to 2 seconds to initialise when power on. If u move the heli during that time, it will confuse the gyro. If that happen, the gyro will behave "SIAU".

Super-Hornet
      Yes I am using GY401

How do you check if Revo Mixing is enable or disable ? In my Optic 6 tx is it read as RVMX

Yes I did

Comment

I not sure about Optic but RVMX really look like ReVoMiXing to me.

Super-Hornet

Comment

BloodClod had the strange experience too. Below was his PM to me.

Thanks BloodClod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey there,

read about your experience with your trex. Strangely I have had the same experience with the tail sometime ago... I can't remember 100% but the TX EPA/dual rate setting was changed and it seems the GY gyro didn't lke that.

Spooky thing was that I didn't touch my EPA settings at all.

Just sharing my experience.

BC

Comment

Hmm... Bug in Optic?

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
            X