Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What nitro% should I use? 15% or 20%

Hi! I am using a OS50 Hyper. What fuel should I use for this engine?
    I am leaning towards CoolPower 15% Heli as it much cheaper than the 20%.
    Is it ok to use 15%?

Any suggestions?

erm..for OS 50...think it's better to use 20% nitro as it has 20% oil also...minimum should have 20% oil....
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

20% and above only

Comment

Thanks

Roger that. Thanks guys!

Comment

I beg to differ but 15% nitro is enough to start you off, especially if you are learning hovering and forward flight.

I learnt stall turns, loops, rolls, death spiral, tic tocs, inverted hover, async loop, tail slide and pin wheel all on 15% nitro. No issue with engine tuning or over heating.

In addition, high percent nitro fuel smokes more due to higher oil content. I'm sure it's uncomfortable to find yourself surrounded by smoke while learning to hover.

Comment

Originally posted by yapjy
            I beg to differ but 15% nitro is enough to start you off, especially if you are learning hovering and forward flight.

I learnt stall turns, loops, rolls, death spiral, tic tocs, inverted hover, async loop, tail slide and pin wheel all on 15% nitro. No issue with engine tuning or over heating.

In addition, high percent nitro fuel smokes more due to higher oil content. I'm sure it's uncomfortable to find yourself surrounded by smoke while learning to hover.
            15% nitro is enough provided if it has 20% oil content in it...
            otherwise you are risking damaging your engine gradually.

For coolpower, only 20% nitro and above meets the 20% oil content requirement of OS50Hyper. Other brands of fuel may have more oil content at 15%.
            huh

Comment

Working...
            X