Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topic to discuss - static / noise

Anyone who had experience static / noise interference that cause your heli to behave abnormally ?

I read some threads on that and there had been incidents of static building up while the heli is powered up / flying. Especially from the moving parts of the tail shaft / belt, causing brown out on receivers.

The flyers grounded the heli.

But where and how should it be done correctly ? Run copper wires from tail to body to motor / esc ground ?

I experience one weird interference and couldn't identify what causes it.
    Location Lorong Halus field.
    Only myself is flying there.
    However the incident occur when there was a tractor ( grass trimming vehicle ) running near my car, which set off my car alarm.
    As I was disturbed by the car alarm, I took my keys to reset my car alarm.
    There after as I start to lift off my heli, i do noticed something weird - it kinda jerk up into air from the ground as I start to lift off.
    I didn't got too worried so I continued to hover slightly higher. It was only then that my collectives went berserk, pitched to its left and heli hit the ground.
    It was not a major accident as it was very much about 1 foot off the ground, banked left and ditch down.
    My tail's bevel gear was slightly damaged as a result.

As I re-checked everything , receiver was blinking ( identifying a lost connection detected ).
    I stopped flying. Checked heli. Attempt to try again.
    This time, it flew OK, albeit a little rough rotation on my tail due to a damaged gear.
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

Static buildup is a rare occurrence in our climate(high humidity) and usually belt driven models are usually the victims in very dry conditions. Sounds more like radio frequency interference(RFI).

But no harm trying. Start from the tail case if it's aluminium or cf, then attach a wire from there to the boom. Then from the boom to the chassis if it is aluminium or CF(it conducts electricity to a certain extent depending on the type of CF, use a multimeter to test), then from any part of the chassis to the black wire of your batts.
    Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
    20,000 times a min

Comment

Working...
    X