Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trex XL + GY240 + HS56

Trying hard to figure this out - how to limit the rudder servo travel with my setup above?

Been flying for past few weeks and notices the stress on the tail control lever everytime I maxed the rudder (can't remember left or right). Didn't really bother until a recent crash (unrelated to problem) teaches me not to take such hints lightly.

Any Trex flyers having the same problem? - what did you do - can please share your ideas?

My linkage is already at the innermost hole, btw.

Switch the gyro in rate mode, then adjust the left/right rudder ATV on your radio for max travel. Hope this is the right way.

Comment

You can't for GY240. You need to do it mechanically. The ATV settings will only affect the speed ur trex pirouttes.

Comment

Oops! My trex setup that way . No wonder the piroutte rate is so sloooow Thanks Genexis for enlighten.

Comment

np

Comment

Make sure your servo arm/horn are at 90Degree to your tail boom and at that point, your tail pitch is 0 will do. If your servo can swing further than what your tail slider can move, it is ok. For GY240, when the heli start piro, the gyro actually sense the tail movement and then automatically reduces the pitch throw instead. That means, when in flight and doing piro, even when push the rudder stick to the max, the tail servo did not go to the max. That is why on the same TRex and servo, using GY401 piro is much faster than GY240.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Thanks, guys.
              Looks like my fears are unfounded.

Talking about piro, don't know if it's due to GY240, but probably my experience and skills, with atv at 150%, rudder becomes very unstable - very hard to get the heli in the exact direction you want.

Also I notices if you reduce the gyro gain, the piro rate becomes much faster. Wonder if it's ok to do this for a faster response.

Thanks, Super Hornet, now I can fly in peace.

Comment

Yes, reducing gain does make piro faster for GY240 but gain too low will have tail lagging effect. That is, tail cannot catch up. When u do punch up, tail will lag and bounce back. It is all up to your taste of flying it. For me, I prefer tail gain to be as high as possible till it almost starting to wage.

As for high ATV giving funny effect, I not sure what "funny" effect u refering to.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Hi SH,
                  What I mean is I try to stop the rudder at 12o'clock after a CW piro for eg. but it stops at 1 o'clock instead although I thought I release the rudder earlier enough to stop at 12. Maybe like what you said, I set my gain too low and it's the tail lagging effect.

Think I agree with you, gyro gain shd be as high a s possible. Though it feels shiok to do a series of quick piros, on second thoughts, it doesn't really serve any purpose at all for me at this stage.

Comment

Yup... that is tail lagging effect.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
                    X