Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dead CC 10 controller

It is so close and yet so far.....almost have my heli converted to cd-rom motor when all out of sudden the cc-10 controller LED remain on (red) during startup. After that....no control over the motor and with only power to servo......what the FXXX was going on.

Guys, need your help any CC-10 owner encounter such problem? Did I kill the controller? If yes how should I get it fix....ship it back to CC at US? Please anybody have idea do advice me....feel like s@#$....need to spend more money to get it fix..... wasted hell lot of time for nothing....

Anyway has change everything back to normal configuration to make sure I will able to fly in the coming funfly....have to fly....dont care.....have to fly....

Yes, I am afraid you've killed it. Jus email to them and tell them your problem. Give them your postal address. They will ship the replacement to you with an enclosed return envelope for you to return the bad ones.

Their email: shawnp@castlecreations.com

Guy's name is Shawn Palmer.

I know how it feels

Comment

You're not alone

Don't worry Loyn, it seems to be a common problem with the new batch of CCP10. Take a look at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=8

That's why I'm a bit hesitant to get the new shipments of CC10. I've read one problem after another with each new revision of the CC10 software and hardware. Mine has the blue cap and I think it dates oct or nov so far so good, no problem. Just damn lucky to get the short run of problem free ones.

You should contact them and they'll replace it free of charge. Really good service just like Hitec (they rock by the way).
      -Feda Dragonfly
      -Hornet 2
      -Pilot OK Turmeric
      -Zoom Zoom 4D
      -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
      -Hornet X3D
      -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
      -Formosa 1
      -World Models Spot On 50
      -HB King 2
      -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
      -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
      (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Thanks guys, even those it is a bad thing to happen but now feel better after your words. At least I know there is a way out of this problem. Thanks guys, I will e-mail them my situration and problem and hopefully they will react fast.

Fit are you going for the coming funfly on Wed? Do you want to test out my CD-rom motor on your heli? It is a wast to see it sitting around after spending so much time on it. I have test it with my heli (in my hand) and it feels good with the lifting strong from standard blade and 8T pinion.(until the ESC screw up) If you are interested I will bring it on Wed and let your use it on your heli until I got my cc-10 fixed. Of cause provided it can power your bird

David, thanks for your advise and hopefully your replacement is good.....I was so sick when it happen....just dont feel like smashing the FXXXing ESC.....cost so much as yet the quality is so F type ....@#$%&*....

Comment

Hee... like i said, i know how you felt... I was damn pissed off too when mine died... but rest assured that they will replaced it fairly quick...

Just got my lipo charger last week too from aircraft world..but then when tested it, it was faulty @#$#... luckily aircraft world is sending out another replacement on its way...
          Shit happens

Comment

Hehe test? No problem man Glad to do it!
            After I saw both yours and Uncle Joe's cdrom motors, it go me motivated to whip out one. I just whipped out one from an LG drive with 9turns of 0.45mm wire. Halfway through testing the motor came off its mount

Hmm Loyn why don't we start up another thread for cdrom motors. We can post our setups there and any other useful info regarding cd rom motors.

David: What charger did you get? This wednesday are you coming? Long time no see...
            -Feda Dragonfly
            -Hornet 2
            -Pilot OK Turmeric
            -Zoom Zoom 4D
            -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
            -Hornet X3D
            -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
            -Formosa 1
            -World Models Spot On 50
            -HB King 2
            -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
            -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
            (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Ya man shit did happen especially when you least aspected. Lucky there is ppl like you all to lighten the shit feeling.....other wise who know what I will do to the ESC......

Fit it is a good suggestion about the CD-rom thread, if this is a success will help the other to cut down in the operation cost in term of motor replacement. So what is your plan

Comment

Hi Fit, yeah long time no see... been busy with life...
                I should be going this wed, if status quo.

TOday is sick so at home resting...

the charger is from aircraft world... apache smart charger for 4 cells.

Last edited by dabiddo; 01-03-2004, 01:26 PM.

Comment

As sick as your charger...... hope you can recover before the funfly on Wed.

BTW what happen if CC do not reply to my mail requies....do I send in my ESC on my own? What will be the shipment arrangement. Please advise....your assistant is much appreciated.

Comment

I think that won't happen... considering that they replied fairly quickly to me and Ace... No worries man. They WILL reply.

Comment

yap they did reply and base on their e-mail my replace ESC should be on the way....feel much better now, but hopefully the replacement will not die on me so fast....which make me goes nuts

Guys thank for all your help....and walk me through this hard time

Comment

mine just went south too ..I have just emailed them to see if they can fix it

ARRRRGH!!!!

It worked once for only one battery then no go!!!

Comment

aww this is just bad. 5 of us already have the same problem with the esc. I think Castle Creations is downplaying the extent of the problem with their esc.
                          The only saving grace is Castle Creations have been very VERY good in their warranty claims so there shouldn't be any problem with the replacements.
                          F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                          F5D Stratair Demon
                          F5D Jibe
                          Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                          Voodoo S400
                          Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                          La Racer 56

Comment

But sucks.....as you have to wait for the replacement....

Comment

Working...
                            X