Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walkera mini cp problems... please help !!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walkera mini cp problems... please help !!!

Need advise from kind soul in here..

The battery lead on my mini cp broke after a mild crash(canopy still on after crash).This is the 2nd time in 2 weeks, not sure if its a common problem or just plain unlucky. I have went to rotor to resolder on the 1st occasion and wondering if i should do that again now or should i just buy a new rx?

And anyway to mitigate the battery lead from breaking again? Any shops beside rotor that can help resolder ?

Soldering and hot melt glue tips

It's just metal fatigue in the wires. Most of the boards come with a blob of hot-melt glue where the wires meet the board. For some simple repairs it would be really useful to learn how to solder. A couple of useful videos:

For good soldering:

Glue gun tips:

Hopefully no need to run down all the time for that.

Comment

It is actually not too difficult to solder. Practice make perfect and in this hobby, you really need to learn how to solder and it will really help you in the long run.

Comment

Thanks for all the reply and vid... seriously i think i have to relearn soldering as the last time i did it , i mess everything up lol..

Comment

get a good soldering iron with temp control, it will make it a lot easier

Comment

Any good solder iron to recommend ? May be go down SLT weekend to take a look

Comment

I bought mine here:

http://www.*****ood.com/907-Constant...-p-920554.html

Comment

A goot TQ-95 is what I'm using for up to 12AWG wires for the 3S battery connectors. Fast enough for me and lasted me maybe 3-4 years already.

If you're going to SLT, there's an authorized distributor for genuine goot products in one of the shop units at the B1 level. He sells other stuff like HAKKO too, but he'll give you his idea of what's good and what's not. He sells mainly soldering stuff so I guess he knows what he's talking about. Btw, its not the one that sells batteries...

Happy shopping

Comment

Working...
                X