X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T-rex accident

Got this picture from RR. *sensored due to feedback from reply*
    original: http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t203650p1/

For those who have the habit of flying close to yourself or tracking the blades by holding the heli with ur hands, beware.

Last edited by genexis; 20-09-2005, 05:44 PM.

I don't know that picture is for us to see the 2 cut marks or the middle finger?

Super-Hornet

Comment

thats pretty sad, also becareful when flying bigger models such as the Raptors and Hirobo model, it'll cause even more trouble than this (*touchwood*)
      sar.ratha@me.com
      DEVIL

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
        I don't know that picture is for us to see the 2 cut marks or the middle finger?

Super-Hornet
        do you think the t-rex accident will result in the middle finger ?

Comment

I think not everyone will use Middle finger for their crashes. Some may curse and swear, some may just keep quiet while some may just laugh/smile at it.

Super-Hornet

Comment

I think Chye's intention is good.....

We need to be reminded constantly about the dangers of flying.....

We may have been keeping quiet about things but SH I think you should stop tracking blades while holding the heli in your hands....

It's a dangerous thing to do and we hate to lose the T rex Guru of DH to some blade accident.

To all who are reading this accident may not just be from a rex...if's it's nitro then it's more dangerous and of course a HBT can also inflict quite a bit of injury....

Don't have to show you guys the pic of my nose after a GWS 1147 prop hit it....right?

TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet

Super-Hornet

I'm a man of above average intelligence.....I see the marks....and the middle finger is a result of getting cut....
              TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

can i propose a safety section for all of us..
                or maybe a crash discussion lyk in rcgroups.

this will help ppl to share their problems when the crash happen and wat damage they had( human or machine)

from here then we can learn how to aviod such cases.

this is juz my opinion...

Comment

We are in the midst of a revamp and will be including new sections. Please be patience with us
                  TREX 500 ESP
                  Futaba T12FGH

Comment

yeah SH i see you tracking blade i also scare.....
                    Heli
                    * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
                    Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
                    Car
                    *Hyper 8 RTR
                    Tank
                    *HenLong M1A1
                    Mini Monster Truck

Comment

I still have my scar on my hand where my Trex cut me deep deep.

I was hovering above my eye level at a distance away n piro it. It stopped at a nose in position, I lost orientation n the trex flew towards me. I dug but the heli also dug as i switch on throttle hold. I turn to my left side and the trex blades cut my right arm n the tail blades cut my back.

This is a lesson I never forget. Therefore u wont see me tracking my blades while holding the Trex!!!

Comment

I also had an experience, I accident undid throttle hold while the heli was on my table. As a reflex, my left hand grabbed the heli by the boom, but little pinky was slashed a few times by the tail blades. Deep cuts, left a scare, a little numb when touched.
                        Ever since then, i never track or spool off when i am near it, unless i am behind something ... or someone :P

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                          I think Chye's intention is good.....

We need to be reminded constantly about the dangers of flying.....

We may have been keeping quiet about things but SH I think you should stop tracking blades while holding the heli in your hands....

It's a dangerous thing to do and we hate to lose the T rex Guru of DH to some blade accident.

To all who are reading this accident may not just be from a rex...if's it's nitro then it's more dangerous and of course a HBT can also inflict quite a bit of injury....

Don't have to show you guys the pic of my nose after a GWS 1147 prop hit it....right?

I would really like to see someone holding a raptor or hirobo by hand to check tracking...

Comment

its a t-rex.

Comment

Working...
                            X