Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trex 450L Receiver Question

Hi, I note that the manual for the 450L states that a 7 channel RX is required even though I plan to use a 6 channel TX. Do I really need to buy a 7 channel RX?

Also can anyone recommend the model receiver from Spektrum that I should get?

Thanks,

Originally posted by ilkeplanes View Post
    Hi, I note that the manual for the 450L states that a 7 channel RX is required even though I plan to use a 6 channel TX. Do I really need to buy a 7 channel RX?

Also can anyone recommend the model receiver from Spektrum that I should get?

Thanks,
    You can run 1 satellite plug into the FBL..

Comment

If you are not using the governor, 6 channels is okay.

Comment

I'm using an AR7610 but only for future telemetry use. The AR6210 will work and it's full range with a sat.
        [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
        Trex 450L Dominator
        Goblin 500
        Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
        -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Can use 7 channel rx with 6 channel tx?
          Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
            Can use 7 channel rx with 6 channel tx?
            if i am not wrong, yes. but the last channel you have no access. can use it to power lighting or something else.
            J.S Carlos

Hanger
            • Goblin 500
            • Copter X SE 480 - 3s HeliDrive 3600KV - Robird FBL
            • MSH Protos 500 Low Hub Stretched - Brain FBL
            • Spirex - TriCopter - Pcs of Crap Hanging on the Wall

Tx
            • 8fgs
            • Devo7
            • Devo7e

Comment

Originally posted by Tearsnitez View Post
              if i am not wrong, yes. but the last channel you have no access. can use it to power lighting or something else.
              No, you can't. You (i.e. tx) cannot control the CH7 on the receiver. So, there is no practical use for CH7 on the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
                No, you can't. You (i.e. tx) cannot control the CH7 on the receiver. So, there is no practical use for CH7 on the receiver.
                what i meant is similiar like yours..(which is why i put no access to it) but there is still power to the channel (rx port) so you can power lighting/lost alarm then stay in the on state..( however again.. i am not too sure.. because i never own a 6 ch transmitter b4)
                J.S Carlos

Hanger
                • Goblin 500
                • Copter X SE 480 - 3s HeliDrive 3600KV - Robird FBL
                • MSH Protos 500 Low Hub Stretched - Brain FBL
                • Spirex - TriCopter - Pcs of Crap Hanging on the Wall

Tx
                • 8fgs
                • Devo7
                • Devo7e

Comment

Originally posted by Tearsnitez View Post
                  what i meant is similiar like yours..(which is why i put no access to it) but there is still power to the channel (rx port) so you can power lighting/lost alarm then stay in the on state..( however again.. i am not too sure.. because i never own a 6 ch transmitter b4)
                  You are right, it can still be used as a power source.

Comment

"With a DX6i, you MUST run a separate receiver such as the AR6210. Your gyro gain is on channel 7 if you are only using satellites, and the DX6i doesn't have a channel 7 so you would not be able to adjust the gain."

Based on the above statement, what does gain do and as a beginner if I do not have channel 7 to adjust gain will that be an issue? Thanks.

Comment

The gain is referring to the tail gyro gain. If you are using DX6i with standard receiver, just wire the CH5 of your receiver to the gain port (Blue) of 3GX, so that CH5 will be used to set the tail gain. If you are using satellite receiver with the DX6i, the only way to set the gain is using the PC, as internally 3GX assigns CH7 for the tail gain but your DX6i cannot control CH7 (you need DX7 or above to be able to control CH7).

Comment

+1

In case you are wondering about it as I was a couple of months back, you'll need a 7ch Tx to adjust the tail gyro gain (tail compensation) only if you decide to wire satellite receivers to the gyro directly. If you use a traditional RX, a 6ch one will suffice, as stated by nb8686 above.
                        [:]=-[Hangar]-=[:]
                        Trex 450L Dominator
                        Goblin 500
                        Spektrum DX9

"Airplanes fly while helicopters simply beat the air into submission."
                        -RR Heli Quotes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks.

Actually what is the likelihood that I will want to change the gyro gain remotely? Once its setup is it something that is typically fixed or regularly changed?

Comment

You typically set a mid value gain and adjust it in the first few flights to get a locked tail. Once the value is okay, you don't need to change it unless you make some changes to your heli (such as headspeed, blades changes, etc). If you are just hovering, it is even less likely you need to change the gain.

Comment

Working...
                            X