Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ikon or beastx?

Hi to all,getting my goblin 500 by tis week,need all the advice from all which system to get,ikon or beastx? Thanks in advance.
    BESI KUNING MEMBER

Bro,

in my opinion, if you do not need auto level (ikon) , just go for robird instead rather than beast x
    J.S Carlos

Hanger
    • Goblin 500
    • Copter X SE 480 - 3s HeliDrive 3600KV - Robird FBL
    • MSH Protos 500 Low Hub Stretched - Brain FBL
    • Spirex - TriCopter - Pcs of Crap Hanging on the Wall

Tx
    • 8fgs
    • Devo7
    • Devo7e

Comment

Hi I have 2 goblins and using beastx (AR7200BX) the Heli seems to wobble so slightly on the head. I tried tuning but the wobble persists ..... gave up and put a robird and problem was solved. I am sure that there are others who had better luck than me with beastx on goblin so that was my experience. I would suggest newer FBL controller nonetheless.
      Too many helis!

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
        Hi I have 2 goblins and using beastx (AR7200BX) the Heli seems to wobble so slightly on the head. I tried tuning but the wobble persists ..... gave up and put a robird and problem was solved. I am sure that there are others who had better luck than me with beastx on goblin so that was my experience. I would suggest newer FBL controller nonetheless.

Not sure. but i guess it may be due to the cyclic gain if your whole heli dance.
        J.S Carlos

Hanger
        • Goblin 500
        • Copter X SE 480 - 3s HeliDrive 3600KV - Robird FBL
        • MSH Protos 500 Low Hub Stretched - Brain FBL
        • Spirex - TriCopter - Pcs of Crap Hanging on the Wall

Tx
        • 8fgs
        • Devo7
        • Devo7e

Comment

I hv an ikon on my 700n but never dared to try the self-leveling for obvious reasons. Vibes for Nitro bird prob too high for the ikon to handle. I really like the ikon but setback is one needs a laptop to change settings. Just bought a msh brain unit for the gob but haven't mounted yet. I hv read v good reviews on the robird n it is on my next to purchase list. Never tried Beastx but i know it just works.
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Robird is good and cheap , All my helis is using it , also any problem can look for Johnny , he can help to solve the problem .

Comment

Originally posted by RAPTOR2001SG View Post
              Robird is good and cheap , All my helis is using it , also any problem can look for Johnny , he can help to solve the problem .
              +1. I fully agree.
              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                I hv an ikon on my 700n but never dared to try the self-leveling for obvious reasons. Vibes for Nitro bird prob too high for the ikon to handle. I really like the ikon but setback is one needs a laptop to change settings. Just bought a msh brain unit for the gob but haven't mounted yet. I hv read v good reviews on the robird n it is on my next to purchase list. Never tried Beastx but i know it just works.
                Bro, you can get the wireless thingy and change ur setting thru the phone too.
                Too many helis!

Comment

Thks to all advice, I'm asking between ikon or beastx s my wife getting it s a bdae gift to me s the goblin500 come s a combo set n got to choose frm tis two system, but reviews on robird were gd.n sky hobbies selling it cheap too.
                  BESI KUNING MEMBER

Comment

Get the ikon then, newer technology and thus better future resale value.
                    Too many helis!

Comment

but i worry abt the setting up,anyway thks alot for the advice
                      Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
                      Get the ikon then, newer technology and thus better future resale value.
                      BESI KUNING MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by doraemonboy View Post
                        Thks to all advice, I'm asking between ikon or beastx s my wife getting it s a bdae gift to me s the goblin500 come s a combo set n got to choose frm tis two system, but reviews on robird were gd.n sky hobbies selling it cheap too.
                        Long post warning...

i'll give my 0.02 worth in this matter. First of all, I am a LOUSY flier still trying to hover so I cannot comment on the "feel" aspect of these fbl units. Secondly, I am NOT sponsored or related to any LHS selling these fbl units. My views on ikon/brain are all based upon experience and not mere hearsay. My first ikon setup was an absolute breeze: plug into pc, pc detects gyro then launch software which provides a step by step guide to setup the 700N. Simplicity personified. Seriously, I think kai-kai and jia-jia can be trained to program fbl instead of wasting their lives rotting at their enclosures at mandai.

My second fbl is msh brain (identical to ikon) however is not a breeze but a tsunami of sorts. Plug into pc, cannot detect fbl unit then followed by software unable to launch and unable to communicate with unit. A check on HF and RR revealed a plethora of threads pertaining to issues faced by many in the heli fraternity. But there was no way in hell I was to be defeated by a tiny fbl unit. So a learning journey begins which is IMHO why this hobby is so 'fun'.

You prob need to learn how to disable signed driver signature in yr win7 & win8 OS, alter windows registry (it can crash yr system if mishandled, be forewarned!), setting interrupt and all that jazz. It would be beneficial if you have more than one pc for testing. Since Monday afternoon, I was reading and testing on multiple laptops and swopping usb cables to sync the unit to the software. I thoguht of sending the unit back to MSH for inspection but decided against it. So I brought it to Saint Passion and Towkay Hon Chung was super nice to 'revivie' and set the unit back to factory default using his magic pc.

In a nutshell, the major CON for ikon is the need for a pc to change settings for ikon. Btw I read from HF that some ikon units actually reset for unknown reasons. Then there were others who tried to fine tune their settings only to have their ikon reset to factory default. Ikon also has a self-leveling (bailout) feature which I dare not try owing to the inherent high vibes in a nitro bird. There are a handful who tried the SL feature only to see their heli resulting in a horrendous crash. Whose fault? I have no idea. The only fbl with a good bailout feature is the bavarian demon or HC3-SX (my opinion!). For the ikon, there's also the governor feature which could be useful to some but I dun use it on my 700n.

What can I say about the bx?No pc, usb or any connection needed. It just works great out of the box. Many have "given" up on the ikon and switched to the bx. There has to be a reason why so. Honestly, I have not heard of any complaints against the bx.

As for robird, good and great value for money. I have seen several helis with robird in action and seriously this fbl rocks BIG TIME. Come siltronic and see how David aka Noob rips the sky with his x50. Most importantly, Towkay Johnny is an expert who can help to sort out any issues or to fine tune settings for robird. I will definitely get this unit for my gob630...when cash becomes readily available.

So what should you get? Google is your friend, do a search and make yr decision. And most importantly, your wife is THE GIFT, not the goblin. Happy Birthday in advance. Many cheers!
                        Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Thks bro for the advice n bdae wish
                          BESI KUNING MEMBER

Comment

Working...
                          X