Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEST PRICE/PLACE to GET TREX

Hi,
    Has any one done survey on the best price to get the TREX today? Also seems like there is many model available now.

This hobby is getting so complicated.

Thanks.

-shim

Try PM whoami. His price is good. U can also do a search at the market place for his postings.

Comment

eh.. if you can find someone who has the extra 10% from BPP... you can get it at SGD190 for a v2 Trex.. that is about SGD100 lower than rotor... and the cheapest around. This one beats all the pricing locally.

But need to do it within today since sale ends today.

If you miss the boat.. then get it from Aircraft world for about SGD$230

However, if you want the latest XL version, then you will need to source locally.
      huh

Comment

Looking at New Unit

I was kind of looking at a brand new Trex. Have so far looked at Rotor Hobby and Jet Hobby web site.

Had too many issues when I bought a used ZAP. Anyway from my point of view, there isn't much cost saving buying a used unit. If you're unlucky you can endup burning your wallet with the repairs.

If its new, well then if it breaks, at least you have the pleasure of breaking it yourself. You don't have to blame someone else for your mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by shim
          I was kind of looking at a brand new Trex. Have so far looked at Rotor Hobby and Jet Hobby web site.

Had too many issues when I bought a used ZAP. Anyway from my point of view, there isn't much cost saving buying a used unit. If you're unlucky you can endup burning your wallet with the repairs.

If its new, well then if it breaks, at least you have the pleasure of breaking it yourself. You don't have to blame someone else for your mistakes.
          I agree...
          My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
          (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
          (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
          (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
          (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
          (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
          Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
          JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Originally posted by shim

yeap that's the main reason ppl buy new. 2nd hand is ok, but you need to have at least some knowledge and a little checking of the seller's background is useful too..

Comment

some lesson learnt. got a 2nd hand trex and later found out that alot of the stuffs he sold me were not in working condition .

now tryin to get seller live up to wat he claim .

so if not too much diff in price, i think it is better to buy brand new

Comment

Best is to get a experience flyer down to check the stuff b4 any trading. Some members here always like to offer such service FOC. The good man H*M is one very good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                  Best is to get a experience flyer down to check the stuff b4 any trading. Some members here always like to offer such service FOC. The good man H*M is one very good example.
                  Heh, I'm also thinking of getting a Trex cuz the demo flight outside JetHobby makes it seem so much stable compared to my HB T.

Until I saw this video demo of US guys flying HB T.. very nice leh.

Wonder when can I fly like that. I think must be my skills still not there yet. I shall keep crashing and crashing until I can fly like him.
                  "Keep Fly'in Till They're Dry."
                  Mini Titan E325 SE Version
                  Full CNC Metal Rotor and Tail
                  Futaba GY401/Futaba 9257
                  Hitec Optic 6 Electron/HS65HB
                  Maiden on 26 Aug 2007

Comment

Have u seen this TRex video?

Super-Hornet

Comment

hey there... got the link to the video of the HBTs? think a couple of us would like to see that too.
                      Originally posted by Heliguy
                      Heh, I'm also thinking of getting a Trex cuz the demo flight outside JetHobby makes it seem so much stable compared to my HB T.

Until I saw this video demo of US guys flying HB T.. very nice leh.

Wonder when can I fly like that. I think must be my skills still not there yet. I shall keep crashing and crashing until I can fly like him.
                      Hover: STILL many many
                      FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
                      Crash (Major): 4
                      Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Comment

Originally posted by membina
                        hey there... got the link to the video of the HBTs? think a couple of us would like to see that too.
                        Sure, I think he's flying a Honey Bee (FP) but it's quite similar to our Honey Bee T.

video:

"Keep Fly'in Till They're Dry."
                        Mini Titan E325 SE Version
                        Full CNC Metal Rotor and Tail
                        Futaba GY401/Futaba 9257
                        Hitec Optic 6 Electron/HS65HB
                        Maiden on 26 Aug 2007

Comment

check out www.duzi.cz the trex vid
                          TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
                          Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
                          Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
                          Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Hi Heliguy,

It's a Honey Bee (5004A), comes with a 4-in-1 receiver with gain and propotional adjustment. Earlier version of the current Honey Bee (EK1H-E004A).

Unlike the Honey Bee T (EK1H-E003), which there is no adjustment provided.

More info here
                            Hope this helps.

Cheers,
                            VinCopter
                            Last edited by Art; 08-09-2005, 02:31 AM.
                            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Working...
                            X