Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trex 150 dfc vs blade 130x

Hi bros here, will like to get some advice here. I'm thinking getting a mini heli to fly indoor. But right now there is only 2 heli in my mind. 1st it's blade 130x and 2nd was a new trex 150 dfc. But for the both I don't know which it's the best to choose from. Like parts for upgrading easy to get locatlly and also the pro and con for the each helis too...

Advance to say thanks you here... Hope to get a great tips here
    ASAP...

Hi NaNa

I just picked up the Trex150 and maidened last weekend. I'm using the Futaba 8J transmitter and it was great for me as I could just bind the with the heli straight. If you are using Spektrum radio system, you would need to use your own satellite receivers.

I used to own the MCPX BL and have spent quite a lot to upgrade to make the heli fly better. As compared with the Trex150, out of the box without much tweaking and no upgrades, it already flies much better than the upgraded MCPXBL, with much better tail holding, and less twitchy to fly.

The FBL system on the Trex150 also offers more programability than the MCPX BL such as gain setting on the trim pots on the board. I could easily setup the centering of each servo and also leveling of the swash within the setup/programming menu of the Trex150 FBL system using your transmitter stick.

I'm still exploring how to tweak the tail even better as to what we see in the promo videos of Align pilots flying this little beast. My only complain is that they could have offered a metal swash to go along with the stock metal blade holders, as there is quite a substantial freeplay in the plastic swash.

I have never flown the Blade 130X so I cannot comment of the comparison. But I have heard of friends spending a lot of money to upgrade the 130X to fly well. I believe after spending all the upgrades and the 130X being a direct drive tail rather than a motor driven tail like the Trex150 and MCPX BL, the 130X should be a better flying machine. You weight the cost yourself.

Overall, I think the Trex150 (stock, out of the box) is a great heli for outdoors, not so much for indoors as it can be still quite dangerous with the very high headspeed. Now it will be a test of time to see how durable this heli is.

Hope that helps.

YL

Comment

Get A Trex 150 , I got mine frm Zenmtech Last Weekend . Did a maiden hover , its stable and its simple . i rather you get the trex 150 as its already equipped with many metal parts so you wont have to spent alot of money on upgrades . i havent flew the 130x but from my experience , the tail is troublesome and the price of this 2 helis are quite close . In my own opinion , trex 150 is better (in terms of parts and the fbl gyro .) Hope to see more trex150 with their awesome owners .

im using a dx8 spektrum so i just have to install a satelite reciever to just fly it . if its futaba , you dont need one sat receiver , just Bind -And-FLY .!

Comment

Honestly i cant compare with trex 150 as I don't own one. However, the 130x flies really well but the original parts sucks . I have spent ALOT on upgrades from lynx with xtreme carbon frame just to make it a tougher heli. The 130x is very stable and the tail holds really well as it is running on TT.

If you know u gonna crash ( which most of us do) and u r not willing to spend , then do not buy the 130x. Also after a few flights, ( with original parts), the screws tend to get loosen. So pre flight is a must for the 130x.
        sigpicWhy give yourself boundaries when the world has none...

Comment

Originally posted by hoester View Post
          Hi NaNa

I just picked up the Trex150 and maidened last weekend. I'm using the Futaba 8J transmitter and it was great for me as I could just bind the with the heli straight. If you are using Spektrum radio system, you would need to use your own satellite receivers.

I used to own the MCPX BL and have spent quite a lot to upgrade to make the heli fly better. As compared with the Trex150, out of the box without much tweaking and no upgrades, it already flies much better than the upgraded MCPXBL, with much better tail holding, and less twitchy to fly.

The FBL system on the Trex150 also offers more programability than the MCPX BL such as gain setting on the trim pots on the board. I could easily setup the centering of each servo and also leveling of the swash within the setup/programming menu of the Trex150 FBL system using your transmitter stick.

I'm still exploring how to tweak the tail even better as to what we see in the promo videos of Align pilots flying this little beast. My only complain is that they could have offered a metal swash to go along with the stock metal blade holders, as there is quite a substantial freeplay in the plastic swash.

I have never flown the Blade 130X so I cannot comment of the comparison. But I have heard of friends spending a lot of money to upgrade the 130X to fly well. I believe after spending all the upgrades and the 130X being a direct drive tail rather than a motor driven tail like the Trex150 and MCPX BL, the 130X should be a better flying machine. You weight the cost yourself.

Overall, I think the Trex150 (stock, out of the box) is a great heli for outdoors, not so much for indoors as it can be still quite dangerous with the very high headspeed. Now it will be a test of time to see how durable this heli is.

Hope that helps.

YL
          +1 on the flying indoors. These machine are not really meant for indoors except those multi purpose halls etc. They get fast pretty quick and can injured when hit with.
          Too many helis!

Comment

Thanks guys for a great recommended here..

I might getting the 130x and it's almost fully upgrade onto lynx parts..

But . Also will getting the new trex 150 dfc too...

Comment

Working...
            X