Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think YC flew TRex before right? U can ask him how is it.

Super-Hornet

Comment

for you art and how you fly you will need

1900 mah 10 c batts min....1700mah are a bit limmited on the delivery of the power for 3d. or the 20c polyquest 1800 are meant to be good too.

the align 3200kv motor should be good enough

gy401 for you all the way

upgrade the swash to metal ( $50 ish)

HS56 hitec servos ( hs 55 are too light and will bust a gear the way you fly )

tail servo try the micro digital from Mack. I am very happy with it and work well with the 401.

the rest of the t rex can be stock if you get the new version.

then latter on you can get.

full metal head ... upgrade tail and carbon frame

just my two cents worth.

cheers doug

Comment

oh yes the esc get the quark 33a ..good value and good gov feature for 3d

Comment

doug...just sell me yours

:na
          TREX 500 ESP
          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Oh.. Upgrades..

OK here is my view:
            Align CNC parts:
            Seen it before. Quality looks good. I still prefer Align CNC design. In RCGroups and RunRyder, everyone claiming it can withstand crash. Very tough! Got the money to spend? Then go ahead.

Rectangular bracket for paddle linkage. Recommended. More accurate performance.

For TRex v2 or lower, please get the XL anti rotation for the swash plate. Recommended!!! XL already comes with it so no need.

eCCPM conversion. Haven't try it but I think it is not neccessary. If u want eCCPM, either mod your own or get the Align Carbon Fiber frame instead. The reason is that it is servo to swash direct linkage. Faster cyclic response. In CDE.. even though I haven't try it but the center servo linkage is not push-pull make me feel like not a good idea.

Align metal swash plate. Not really good leh. Older design can pop out. Haven't try it but I think it make no different. Some claim that the metal swash plate can have more cyclic throw angle BUT don't forget that too much and u will have blades hitting the tail boom when doing back flip.

Align Carbon Fiber frame. Not bad. Lighter. But quite expensive. Metal screw looks nicer but screw head is soft...easy to wear off if not using ball type of align screw driver. In RunRyder, some claim that it can withstand impact but I do not dare to try it but it does feel strong.

The rest that is no comment yet are:
            Carbon fiber tail blades. Carbon fiber blades. Carbon fiber landing skids

Comment

point to ponder...if I modd all these...then don't dare to fly...hmm...

sigh..many $$$ to spend
              TREX 500 ESP
              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

That is why I said.. just fly with stock items will do. Upgrade it if u want to try it or u just love it.

Just remember that use good motor + battery combination is the most important.

Now I have 2 TRexes, maybe I keep my Carbon fiber frame for just sport flying. To try new thing, I use the stock configuration TRex.

Oh.. if u want to get TRex, get TRex 450XL HDE instead. CDE should be not bad also but really I didn't try it before so can't really comment it.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Art
                  doug...just sell me yours

:na
                  $1000 plus your first born !! :na

Comment

Art,

I am no expert as you can tell that I only do hover in woodland last Sunday. I am using Hacker B20-18L, phx cc25 and and the following battery 3S config. (Kokam 2000 15C; Polyquest 1800 20C and Etec 1900 10C ).

I can tell that both the Kokam and Polyquest deliver very good performance and even for a beginner like me, I can tell the difference.

I think a hacker B20-15L wil be better, but if my hacker go dead I wil probaly go for 450TH. (can get in HKG).

regards,
                    Jonathan

Comment

thanks for the advice!

TREX 500 ESP
                      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

oh..i am using heliup frame which suppose to have good 120 degree servo layout. I feel the difference by going Heliup it is more stanble at least from a beginner standpoint.

I am sure more can get out of this frame having see heliup video.

Jonathan

Comment

Art?
                          Seliing your Raptor for the Trex?
                          why??
                          sar.ratha@me.com
                          DEVIL

Comment

haha art where got sell his raptor?!

Maybe he's selling away mine, since I left my heli with him........
                            F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
                            F5D Stratair Demon
                            F5D Jibe
                            Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
                            Voodoo S400
                            Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
                            La Racer 56

Comment

how you know ah?

TREX 500 ESP
                              Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                                If go 4S, u prefer to have better motor but try to go as light as possible. Compare my 4S with 3S, I still prefer 3S.

The reason I go 4S is because I use 1700mAH and everytime I flew it... it tends to go very hot. Using 4S should in theory be light burden on battery but after that weekend, it doesn't seems to be. Maybe 1900mAH 3S1P is the best solution. Anyway, I think I revert back to 3S liau.

Again.. try to stay less than 700grams and it should be good.

Super-Hornet

I was using the 3S1P 1900mAh on the Rex. It was very good.

Art: You want lipo....

Comment

Working...
                                X