Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

governor or not

some say use and some say don't use, im confused. need guidance guys pls help!!

For most of us, yes, we need the governor. For the advance flyers, governor is no good for them.

Comment

ok much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
        For most of us, yes, we need the governor. For the advance flyers, governor is no good for them.
        how come gov mode no good for advanced flyers?
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Hmm…I also want to know y lay. All Pros I know they preferred fly with gov lay. or maybe they not pro enough…
          [B][I]Tx[/I][/B]: [B]Futaba 10CHP on 2.4G,29&35Mhz[/B]
          ------------------------------
          [B][I]Heli on service[/I]:[/B]
          Trex700N[B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
          TT X50[B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
          MSH Protos [B][COLOR="Orange"](BeastX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]
          HK480pro [B][COLOR="Orange"](Tarot ZYX FBL)[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

My theory & experience ya. Ìf you have a powerful motor that does not bog than there's no need for governor. You get longer flight times & esc runs cooler. Ìt also forces you to improve stick mangament skills. Having said that, if you are
            Using Kontonik esc, than it is a different ball game. Dont know
            How to put it in words but for those using K esc will know what Im speaking off

Comment

When you have arrived at a certain level you will appreciate and understand the benefits of not using governor. I have not. Lol.

Comment

The log below is from a Logo 600 with Align 700MX motor, Castle ESC 120HV (default setting - governor not enabled), 3D flying.
                As you can see the headspeed started at 2350 and ended at around 2200. Not too bad right?
                Of course without the governor, your collective management skill has to be very good. Everything else being equal, the battery will be less stressed and so you will have longer battery life and longer flight time. I was told of a situation that without governor, it will save your heli. Consider a situation when your heli is flying low and the motor bogs, the motor will regain to safe headspeed faster without a governor as governor needs some time to recover which may just be too long for a situation like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ESC_Log.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	976448

Comment

Working...
                X