Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check R50 Tailpulley Pin

Assembly Part 15 in R50SE manual. It says to use set screw w loctite to hold pin in the tail shaft. I did that....but apparently the shaft I had did not have enough thread for the set screw to get far enough to tighten the pin. it stopped even before touching the pin.

The set screw was TIGHT in the shaft, had to heat up the shaft end a little before removing the set screw. I tried putting in a 3mm socket end and did a bit of tapping..... luckily it was some metal swaft that remained in the shaft caused the problem.

Its good to check that the pin is able to be held down by the set screw or socket head screw before assembly. OR at least screw in the set screw into the shaft and witness the screw at the eyelet.

That one more flight could have been my last....

dey..always happen lah....not just to the SE....
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

after my recent crash..i dissasemble all the parts..and found the rear rotor shaft bearing had a small dent ... dun think that came from the crash....
      Heli
      * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
      Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
      Car
      *Hyper 8 RTR
      Tank
      *HenLong M1A1
      Mini Monster Truck

Comment

Originally posted by Art
        dey..always happen lah....not just to the SE....
        I don't care..... it should'nt happen...

Comment

always happen to me also, happened on my v1 a lot maybe because I didn't used to use much loctite on it. The side flange of the belt pulley at the side of the main frame also might get disintegrated by the belt, so watch for it also.

An example is this.

sigpic

Comment

another case of pin coming loose...at runryder...

After 196 flights on my Raptor 60 without any major incidences, I was beginning to think the chopper and the pilot (yours truely) are invincible. Until two weeks ago, on the last lap of my second flight of the day, after some simple non-aggressive maneuvers of loops and inverted flights, I lost tail control coming out of a turn at about 40 feet above the ground, and the R60 spun to the ground.

At first I thought it was my receiver or my transmitter since I have not noticed the engine and the rotor slowing down when I switched to throttle hold. But yesterday, as I was testing my new tail shaft and boom, I noticed the tail pinion gear was slipping. After closer examination, the pin that holds the gear was missing and so was the set screw that holds in the pin.

Locktite was applied to the original set screw. I guest one cannot expect the set screw to stay in place indefinitely. Maybe after every 50 flights or so, the tail drive unit needs to be disassembled and the pinion gears need to be checked..
            Heli
            * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
            Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
            Car
            *Hyper 8 RTR
            Tank
            *HenLong M1A1
            Mini Monster Truck

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
              another case of pin coming loose...at runryder...
              Its good to replace the set screw to a CAP screw. More control over the torque session and less chance to rip the hex.

Comment

Working...
              X