Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manoftheman891 View Post
    Nb8686, may I enquire on sth? Do we need to enable the self leveling in the gyro tgt with the bailout from GPS? Or just enable the GPS bailout?
    I don't fully understand your question. Anyway, self leveling has nothing to do with GPS. You can use self leveling without the GPS module installed. Similarly, the GPS and its bailout features have nothing to do self leveling. But you can enable both at the same time. The GPS bailout features will work even if the self leveling is not enabled.

Comment

Ahh I get it! Yes you're answering what I wanted to ask.! So all the bailout features associated with the gps such as height floor and position hold had nothing to do with the self leveling. Means even when self leveling is not activated and the bailout for position hold is used, the heli would just self level on itself and hold position right?
      [B][U]Hangar[/U][/B]

[U]Helicopters:[/U]
      1. Goblin 700 Competition
      2. Goblin 630 Competition
      3. Goblin 570
      4. Goblin 500
      5. LOGO 550 SX
      6. Mini PROTOS
      7. PROTOS 500
      8. PROTOS 800
      9. Align Trex 450L Dominator

Comment

Ahh I get it! Yes you're answering what I wanted to ask.! So all the bailout features associated with the gps such as height floor and position hold had nothing to do with the self leveling. Means even when self leveling is not activated and the bailout for position hold is used, the heli would just self level on itself and hold position right?
        Yes. By the way, those GPS bailout features (when activated) will auto hover the heli, i.e. you can hand off the TX. The SK720 self leveling will not auto hover the heli, i.e. you must continue to hover the heli and you cannot hand off the tx.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
          Yes. By the way, those GPS bailout features (when activated) will auto hover the heli, i.e. you can hand off the TX. The SK720 self leveling will not auto hover the heli, i.e. you must continue to hover the heli and you cannot hand off the tx.
          Icic! Btw will self leveling pull your heli away from the ground or will the gps pull up the heli from the ground? Also, gps bailout will always bring the heli upright right? Like it would not position hold for you if your heli is inverted with the self leveling on? Sorry for asking so many questions..
          [B][U]Hangar[/U][/B]

3. Goblin 570
          4. Goblin 500
          5. LOGO 550 SX
          6. Mini PROTOS
          7. PROTOS 500
          8. PROTOS 800

Comment

Icic! Btw will self leveling pull your heli away from the ground or will the gps pull up the heli from the ground? Also, gps bailout will always bring the heli upright right? Like it would not position hold for you if your heli is inverted with the self leveling on? Sorry for asking so many questions..
            I'm not sure what you meant by pull up from the ground.
            GPS bailout will always bring the heli upright and tail in, even if the heli is inverted with self leveling on.
            I'm glad to answer any questions, feel free to ask. We are all here to learn and share.

Comment

+1. This is what I call selfless sharing. This is exactly what our RC community needs. Ok, next stop...who can let me try their heli with a SK540? Kekeke!
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                Ok, next stop...who can let me try their heli with a SK540? Kekeke!
                Ha ha, not sure about others, but you are certainly welcome to try my Trex 550 (v2 or DFC) with SK540 (mode 2 Tx).

Comment

I'm not sure what you meant by pull up from the ground.
                  GPS bailout will always bring the heli upright and tail in, even if the heli is inverted with self leveling on.
                  I'm glad to answer any questions, feel free to ask. We are all here to learn and share.
                  Haha thanks bro! Pull up meaning when bailout switch is pressed will the heli pull away from the ground? Like for the ikon I know that when you bail out you need to manually input positive pitch to the collective stick
                  [B][U]Hangar[/U][/B]

3. Goblin 570
                  4. Goblin 500
                  5. LOGO 550 SX
                  6. Mini PROTOS
                  7. PROTOS 500
                  8. PROTOS 800

Comment

Haha thanks bro! Pull up meaning when bailout switch is pressed will the heli pull away from the ground? Like for the ikon I know that when you bail out you need to manually input positive pitch to the collective stick
                    When you want to rescue the heli, just flip the pre-selected switch, no need to input positive pitch. This is referring to the GPS rescue feature. The heli will maintain at the same height after it is saved.

Referring to the ikon. Actually when a flyer is panic, to remember to press a switch it is already not easy, not to mention he still has to input positive pitch. This is expecting too much from a flyer. What happen when the heli is inverted? Does he then need to input negative pitch?

Comment

When you want to rescue the heli, just flip the pre-selected switch, no need to input positive pitch. This is referring to the GPS rescue feature. The heli will maintain at the same height after it is saved.

Referring to the ikon. Actually when a flyer is panic, to remember to press a switch it is already not easy, not to mention he still has to input positive pitch. This is expecting too much from a flyer. What happen when the heli is inverted? Does he then need to input negative pitch?
                      Hmmm for the iKon, whether invert or upright, the heli will always level out upright. Which means once you flip the failsafe switch it will level out upright, but if you happen to be flying inverted and was at negative pitch, you gotta also remember to shift the stick from negative to positive. So what i'm trying to know is that will the skookum be better such that no positive pitch needs to be inputted when bailing out and the heli itself will rise up from the bailing out tom prevent itself from hitting into the ground. haha
                      [B][U]Hangar[/U][/B]

3. Goblin 570
                      4. Goblin 500
                      5. LOGO 550 SX
                      6. Mini PROTOS
                      7. PROTOS 500
                      8. PROTOS 800

Comment

Hmmm for the iKon, whether invert or upright, the heli will always level out upright. Which means once you flip the failsafe switch it will level out upright, but if you happen to be flying inverted and was at negative pitch, you gotta also remember to shift the stick from negative to positive. So what i'm trying to know is that will the skookum be better such that no positive pitch needs to be inputted when bailing out and the heli itself will rise up from the bailing out tom prevent itself from hitting into the ground. haha
                        From what you said about ikon, Skookum is more superior. For Skookum, the only thing you need to remember is to flip the rescue switch. Once the switch is flipped, take your hands off the sticks and take a short break to calm down. The heli will be in position hold. The only normal control you have is the rudder, the collective and cyclic will no long under your control. Once you are ready, just flip the switch back to manual mode, and you will have full control of your heli again.

Comment

From what you said about ikon, Skookum is more superior. For Skookum, the only thing you need to remember is to flip the rescue switch. Once the switch is flipped, take your hands off the sticks and take a short break to calm down. The heli will be in position hold. The only normal control you have is the rudder, the collective and cyclic will no long under your control. Once you are ready, just flip the switch back to manual mode, and you will have full control of your heli again.
                          oic! wow tats great so that means if i'm too low to the ground I flip the switch the heli will just level out and move away from the ground right? in this case, I don't have to enable self levelling on the gyro right? just activate the gps(:
                          [B][U]Hangar[/U][/B]

3. Goblin 570
                          4. Goblin 500
                          5. LOGO 550 SX
                          6. Mini PROTOS
                          7. PROTOS 500
                          8. PROTOS 800

Comment

oic! wow tats great so that means if i'm too low to the ground I flip the switch the heli will just level out and move away from the ground right? in this case, I don't have to enable self levelling on the gyro right? just activate the gps(:
                            Not sure how low is your low. Few factors involved, heli speed, whether the heli is inverted or upright, heli's altitude at the point when you flip the switch, etc. You need to give the GPS enough altitude and time to save the heli. You may want to consider using the GPS rescue soft floor mode. If this mode is enabled, the GPS will save the heli automatically if it thinks the heli is going to crash without you even flipping any switch. If you are using the GPS's rescue feature you don't need to turn on the self leveling function in SK720. But I know of one guy (reported in Helifreak) who used the same switch to activate both the GPS rescue and self leveling. He said this self leveling is a backup just in case the GPS doesn't work, and he claimed he tested it working. I have never tried this.

Comment

Oh ok ok thanks alot(:
                              [B][U]Hangar[/U][/B]

3. Goblin 570
                              4. Goblin 500
                              5. LOGO 550 SX
                              6. Mini PROTOS
                              7. PROTOS 500
                              8. PROTOS 800