Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic Advice for Heli Beginners

All that I have to say is stick with it.

This was me the first day I got my first heli:

Now this is the most recent video of me flying the same heli:

You can see that the level of skill is up huge and I fly mostly RC planes. The point of this thread is that at first it can be REALLY hard to make it work right. Just like with riding a bike, it just clicks one day and you are off.

I hope this helps you guys!

GB

wow.....three years.....nice flying on a Co-axial..... I admire your determination.....

Comment

Time to move on to 700NITRO...
      Heli-ADDICTION:
      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

That is some good advice, but for me I would advise a beginner to get the sim then a micro cp heli! I think thats what you need to do to progress beyond that little co-axial. Moving up to cp without a sim is pretty much starting the learning process over

Comment

Go to Tampines ind ave 5 ,siltronic any sat or sun ,upgrade your skills, we will love to assist.
          be fair,it's only air, let's share with care!

Comment

Originally posted by Ah long View Post
            Go to Tampines ind ave 5 ,siltronic any sat or sun ,upgrade your skills, we will love to assist.
            must give timing lah...
            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

sat from 0730hrs onwards. afternoon, I not sure.

sun from 0730hrs to 1200hrs (cfm gt heli-buddies). sun afternoon also gt nitro fliers.
              Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

I am not sure what this means.

Comment

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                  I am not sure what this means.
                  "Tampines ind ave 5, siltronic" is the location of a local heli flying site.

"upgrade your skills, we will love to assist", he was suggesting that flyers who need help may go to the above flying site as the people there are very experienced and helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by nb8686 View Post
                    "Tampines ind ave 5, siltronic" is the location of a local heli flying site.

"upgrade your skills, we will love to assist", he was suggesting that flyers who need help may go to the above flying site as the people there are very experienced and helpful.
                    That all makes sense now. And to those of you who are the best of the best posting in here, the idea behind this thread is for folks not to give up regardless of what they are trying to fly. The message is very simple and helpful to keep in mind regardless of what challenge one is taking on. I suck at flying heli's, but I stuck with it and got over that hump. The take away should be that anyone can do the same as long as they don't give up.

I dusted my MCX2 off the other day after not flying it for quite a while and decided to see if flying a heli is like riding a bike, and it seems to be:

Comment

Originally posted by GBLynden View Post
                      That all makes sense now. And to those of you who are the best of the best posting in here, the idea behind this thread is for folks not to give up regardless of what they are trying to fly. The message is very simple and helpful to keep in mind regardless of what challenge one is taking on. I suck at flying heli's, but I stuck with it and got over that hump. The take away should be that anyone can do the same as long as they don't give up.

I dusted my MCX2 off the other day after not flying it for quite a while and decided to see if flying a heli is like riding a bike, and it seems to be:
                      Nice video. Hope to see your video on flying reserve figure 8 soon. You are there.

Heli is tough to fly and take a long time to learn. That's why more than 50% of people give up somewhere along. I always think learning to fly heli is a good way to train one's determination.

My advice to newbies is, tell yourself no matter how difficult it is, you want to persevere and never to give up. When you are down and think of giving up, go to the field and talk to people. Stop flying for a while, it is okay, but never say give up. Everybody can fly a heli.... eventually. Some will always be faster than others, if you are slow that's okay. You will get there one day. Just don't give up. Cheers!

Comment

You guys are lucky to have heli flyers who are willing to share n teach. From where I am there's none. Thought myself how to fly via sim n actual. Very important is never to be demoralized. Crashes are bound to happen. If its pilot error
                        The very least is that you will learn from your mistakes.
                        Try to minimse mechanical errors on the heli cause if one
                        Crashes because of it, it will really suck n make you want
                        To give up. Been flying for almost 2.5 yrs now n I do have
                        My fair share of crashes. Just learn to look over your shoulders n move on.

Çheers

Comment

Òh most important, learn to control fear n anxiety.
                          Easy to say very hard to do. The day my fear when
                          Away was when I crased my Goblin 630 on its third
                          Flight due to a faulty motor. This was my first biggie
                          Heli n there after told myself f......k it. That was the
                          Time that my flying started to improve alot

Comment

Guys

We all have many helis and spares, if crashed nvm. . But our own body, only one kit . Therefore don't forget about safety as well.

Merry Xmas to all.