Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can real helis 3D?

Ok...further to our discussions on real heli 3Ding over at another thread...I've created this thread to discuss....

now....

super hornet claims

Ehh... Even real heli can do 3D. Check out my old post where there is a video of real heli doing 3D!

Fastest heli = Lynx and I'm sure it can do 3D stunts also.

Even tankbuster/fighter/gunship/Recon heli like Apache, Comanche (Scrap liau) or Kiowa heli can do stunts if I'm not wrong...especially doing dogfight or rapid evasive meneuver.

and

Well... what is the different between Real Heli and R/C Heli? In R/C heli, u have turbine driven... in Real Heli u also have turbine engine. More than one engine also have. In R/C heli, to do inverted flight or tic-toc, u use symmetrical blades with +ve and -ve pitch. In real heli, it is symmetrical blades with +ve and -ve pitch also.

So tell me? Mechanically, they are the same... do u think real heli cannot do 3D meh? It is just that the pilot do not dare and not allowed to do it.

so....are there real helis which can do the stuff we do on our RC ones?? I have yet to do a search on this...maybe members can open my eyes to a new world or real heli 3Ding
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Would like to thank super hornet for bringing up this topic of real heli 3D...

thanks again
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

For simple loops, rolls n stall turns, real heli can do. As demostrated before.

But for more difficult 3D stunts like tic toc, inverted hover, piro flip, snake, etc.... I doubt a real heli can do it.

Mechanically they are there. But its power to weight ratio is not there to perform such stunts.

I believe no pilot can be inverted for long period of time while flying a plane or heli!!! The G-Forces will probably knock him unconcious!!!

Comment

I tried flying the FMS commercial n military heli scale n they are too stable for 3D. The piro cant make it!!!

Maybe thatz simulation only lah.

Comment

The problem of Real Heli performing 3D manuveurs is actually the pilot, I think. Though at first it may seem illogical, I think in the some 3D manuvuers, Heli pilots will be subjected to greater Gs... (as compared to acro plane pilots) Thrust comes from rotor disk alone>sudden change in pitch> sudden change (big magnitude)> short time> not every pilot a tahan...

Maybe the in-house engineers could chip in some help?

Comment

I'd concur with adrian on the power to weight issue....

Mechanically same but power to weight ratio is waaaaaaaaaaaay too different
            TREX 500 ESP
            Futaba T12FGH

Comment

The rotor headspeed 300 to 400 rpm. How to flip?

Comment

Lets compare it tis way,

A horse n an elephant.

Both have 4 legs, therefore mechanically same.

But have u seen or believe an elephant jump over the wall??? They would ram thru it instead!!! Whereas a horse, its lighter in weight and therefore it can clear a wall easily.

Comment

wah...the comparison very cheeeem....

So...anyone can tell everybody if a real heli can 3D like the RC ones?
                  TREX 500 ESP
                  Futaba T12FGH

Comment

There are a few real heli pilots in tis forum, maybe they could reply tis question.

Probably they have done it secretly!!!

For me, I put my money on total impossible to achieve!!! Power to weight ratio problem.

Comment

Eurocopter BO 105 - Maybe?

Hi.

Thought I'd add my 2 cents. only few helis can do amazing things.

I don't know much about RC helis but the interest is beginning. Do check out this link.

Its all in german, but to access it, follow these steps.

1. Got to - http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/videothek/videosuche/ which will take you to a search page.

2. In the search window where it says "begriff eingeben suchen" type in "hubschrauber" (means helicopter in german)

3. Select "Raab in Gefahr: Stuntflug"

4. Enjoy and be amazed.

This was done in a Eurocopter BO 105. We deal with eurocopter, and let me tell you , eurocopter has some amazing aircraft.

I hope to learn more about RC heli so I can take my work to inside my house..

BG

Comment

super hornet's got it in a previous thread....I would classify that as sport/aerobatic flying....

3D flying is much faster...and involves a lot of high G manauvers and such...I don't think real helis are capable of those...

I must say that the chopper featured is very impresive...I'm impressed!

TREX 500 ESP
                        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

and of course...super hornet's thread is at

TREX 500 ESP
                          Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hornet
                            do 3D meh? It is just that the pilot do not dare and not allowed to do it.
                            ah, on this note, pilot dare or not, in Europe a helicopter stunt pilot requires a certification to allow them to execute these manouvers legally. The guy you see flying the "one-oh-fife" in that clip is actually (i beleive) one of 3 people in Germany with the certificatio and approval to do this public demo.

On the one-oh-fife's. one of the main things that allows it to do what it does is the fact that it has 4 rotor blades. Dynamics will not allow (or at least make it difficul) to do it on 2 rotor blade chopper.

Not recommended on a Robinson R44!!

BG

Comment

after thought

Before I get back to work.. as a matter of interest, definition of aerobatics is

"aerobatic manoeuvre" - means a manoeuvre where a change in the attitude of an aircraft results in a bank angle greater than 60 degrees, an abnormal attitude or an abnormal acceleration not incidental to normal flying.

Not much room for fun

That would make it.... hmm 2 cents per post... 3 posts... 2x3... makes 6... So that would make it my 6 cents for the day..

bad at math...

Comment

Working...
                              X