Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skookum SK-540

Hi,

I had been using BeastX for sometime and switched to Vbar some seven months ago
    when I thought it was time to move on to better controller. I have been having tail not
    very locked with Vbar on a number of helis; including two Trex 550 (V2 and DFC),
    one KDS 550 and two Logo 500. I put the tail gain to max (120) and as well as tried
    adjusting other parameters (P and I, etc), yet the tails were never really locked.
    I tried to improve the overall mechanical gain by adjusting the ball location on the
    servo arm and even changed to better tail servo, the tail lock was slightly improved
    but still not very locked. This has been bothering me for a while until I switched to
    SK540 last weekend.

I tried the SK540 on my Trex 550 (V2), with absolutely no mechanical and servo change,
    the tail was very locked with all default settings (except tail gain). My tail gain was set
    to 85% eventually.

My friends have been telling me SK540 flies better than Vbar, I didn’t believe until I tried
    it myself.

I would like to add that SK540 setup is a little more complex and can be confusing as
    compared to Vbar. So, for first time users, please make sure you read the instructions
    on the setup wizards slowly and carefully.

The above is my honest comments and personal experience although I may not be impartial.

Cheers!

Agree with you bro, SK540 was my second FBL system (First was 3GX and all knows how it perform)

When i first maiden the SK540, immediately it was so "flybar" feel, it doesn't resist what i was doing but yet holds so well.

Piro rate was consistent, Tail doesn't whack during Tic Toc's or pitch pump etc...

Thou initial setup can be a-little confusing but Skookum You Tube site provides detail walkthough of the full setup.

And when you have a second or subsequent SK540 or SK720 product, you can be sure setup is just within 10 - 15mins most...

So, SK540 Rocks !!!

Comment

Originally posted by turemini View Post
      Agree with you bro, SK540 was my second FBL system (First was 3GX and all knows how it perform)

When i first maiden the SK540, immediately it was so "flybar" feel, it doesn't resist what i was doing but yet holds so well.

Piro rate was consistent, Tail doesn't whack during Tic Toc's or pitch pump etc...

Thou initial setup can be a-little confusing but Skookum You Tube site provides detail walkthough of the full setup.

And when you have a second or subsequent SK540 or SK720 product, you can be sure setup is just within 10 - 15mins most...

So, SK540 Rocks !!!

Thanks bro. LOL, I didn't know that is "flybar" feel until you mention it here as I never fly flybar heli before. I only know I feel good flying Sk540. I like your description.
      Another thing, I have been trying to practise backward flying for a few months with vbar but never go beyond a few metres. With Sk540, just a few flights, I was able to do a complete backward circle. I was wondering why is that so. Perhaps SK gives me the inner confidence. LOL.

Comment

ha ha... congrats for your backward flight... it did help me progress from when I was when flying a Flybar heli...
        I wouldn't say SK is a perfect FBL system, but it's definitely not the worst...
        especially with the new firmware that allows for GPS module extension... hee hee

Comment

The SK540 really helped me to progress well. I have SK540 mounted on both Trex 550s (V2 and DFC).
          Just to share my SK540 settings. Both Cyclic1 and Cyclic2 banks are the same setting, so do Tail1 and Tail2.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SK540a.gif
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	976115

Name:	SK540b.gif
Views:	1
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	976116

Name:	SK540c.gif