Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front-back bobbing with my hornet

Hi again

seems this brushless setup has opened a veritable can of worms in terms of heli setup.My gyro and tail servo arent so good after a pico mysteriosuly died, a bit senstive now.and this odd new issue i never en countered before...

everything's running pretty smooth on 2S with a 13t pinion
    (temporary setup) power's not really good but good enough for me for now.

Now I find, for some reason my hornet starts to have this strange forward backward bobbing now and then

funny i never got this on my brushed setup.

the only other time i've seen something like this was when my friend shihwai showed me how he fixed it on his aerohawk with some blade advance.

Anyone ran into something like this before ? fit ?
    main blades are on pretty tight but not much tighter than beofre or anything

the last time i saw this was on david's baby feda, shortened blades, tail and skids. lightened. the original batt mount had to be taken off and he used a temporary but unstable one, so the mount was about to move. the front back bob pretty bad. so you might wanna check your main motor mount??

maybe the new weight and weight distribution gives resonance to the standard vibration frequency of a heli?
    JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
    Futaba S3154 Tail
    Scorpion 2221-8
    JETI Spin 44A
    JR RS 77
    Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
    Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

I get this bobbing effect on my VE when headspeed too low. sort of like a seesaw motion from head to tail. is this what you are getting?
      ---------------------
      Ergo 30 SS
      Voyager E

Comment

like way cool's jr mine happens at lower hedspeeds. Tightening the blades fixed it on mine, maybe that'll help ?

but a truly frustrating weekend though ! my esc decided to cut halfway in flight and the stupid thing got knocked up pretty hard.

now after that for some reason on spooling up or down one of the blades is always trying to advance

gives it major shakes on spool up and down.Very frustrating.

after spooling down the same blade is always in an advanced position.tightening them really hard doesnt solve the problem only makes it better.

need help in this now i think if it keep shaking so bad and so long each time it spools up or down my stupid hornet will just fall apart

before being knocked it never vibrated no matter what and was very nice.

Comment

Hi Derrick

I notice that the default metal allen screw over plastic grip (Blade Grip) is too weak. U need to use meta nut to screw over it. With that u can very tight blades.

As for CC cut off in mid flight, what RX using and how u arrange your antenna. Also, your current sensitivity of your CC is set to be what? What is your LVC point also?

BTW... what Himaxx motor u use?

Super-Hornet

Comment

its set insensitive and its a himax 2015 4200 i think
            TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
            Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
            Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
            Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Derrick, I experienced shutdowns when I first converted to BL too. Traced it down to the ESC being too close to the Rx. Also double check your LVC, it should be 5V for 2 cells.

Regarding the shakes, if the main shaft is straight try balancing the head without the blades. Spin up the the head with the paddles and add weight to the center of the paddles. Keep adding on whichever side that makes the heli smoother.

Once satisfied or if there is any improvement, put on the blades and see if the shakes are less pronounced. Usually once the paddles are balanced it should be smooth with the blades on. If not add tape to the center of the mainblades till the shakes are better just like you do with the paddles earlier.

The stock shaft bents easily. Bon's was bent due to an unpowered landing and the heli didn't even tip over
              -Feda Dragonfly
              -Hornet 2
              -Pilot OK Turmeric
              -Zoom Zoom 4D
              -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
              -Hornet X3D
              -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
              -Formosa 1
              -World Models Spot On 50
              -HB King 2
              -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
              -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
              (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Actually the esc cut off as i flew it for too long was having too much fun and forgot to stop heh

Anyway it's all fixed and flying really good now pretty annoyed that my brand new perfect and fantastic gears aren't quite perfect anymore oh well.

thanks for the help !

Comment

hey waycool i realised my blades were not equally tightened on the grips that solved the problem perhaps you could try that on your wowager e ?

would be interesting to see if that helps.

Comment

I don't get any shakes on spooling up or down. blade tension is o.k. the wobble comes in only when pack low after 10min flight.

btw. switch to lipo. using a 3s2p for 3600mah. flight time is about 12mins. changed new digital servos and a metal washout hub.and it now outperforms maybe a 30???!!! compare now to when you saw my ve at aussy school, it is very much lively now. having a blast now!
                    ---------------------
                    Ergo 30 SS
                    Voyager E

Comment

Working...
                    X