Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicopter setup for ER9X

After giving up on my KDS transmitter, I got myself an ER9X. It was an eye opener. I have gotten most of my heli setup done and it's good to go, but I need to get 0 pitch, and configure the collective and cyclic pitch ranges. I read the official wiki and several forums but could not understand how to do the following:

1.) With the pitch curve set to "0, 0, 0, 0, 0", how to get that pitch curve reflect 0 degrees of actual pitch?

I suppose I need to apply subtrim, but which channel? Only the pitch channel, or all 3?

2.) +/- 10 degrees of collective pitch range; and
    3.) +/- 7 degrees of cyclic pitch range

I used to do this on my KDS transmitter via "swash mix" but there isn't anything that sounds like this in ER9X.

Thanks!
    Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
    Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
    Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
    Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

With " pitch curve set to "0, 0, 0, 0, 0", that meaning u set the pitch graph to flat 0. Five zeros meaning it is referring to 5point TX type.
    Some TX are 7point type.

I not so sure about your TX...but normally use 50% = 0 pitch. 100% = Max +ve pitch. 0% = Max -ve pitch.
    If u use this configuration, then normally your throttle stick at center position, it is 0 pitch. On one end, it is max +ve pitch and the other end it is max -ve pitch. Flying 3D style user required this combination in order to have the equal stick throw when doing normal position and inverted position.

There are some user who do not intend to fly his/her heli in the inverted position may choose the combination of:
    0% = 0 Pitch (or maybe slightly -ve pitch) and 100% = Max +ve pitch.
    The reason they choose this combination is that, they will have 100% stick control movement for flying his heli.. Thus having more precise control...rather than only 1/2 of the stick throw..if they were to use the above combination of 50% = 0 pitch.

If u were to choose 50% = 0 pitch position, then at that value, your heli should be in 0pitch and all linkages should be close to 90Degree angle...and swash plate seating at the middle of the main shaft position (when I say middle.. I do not referring to the middle length of the shaft..but more on the middle of the position where the swash plate can move up and down).

If your heli do not give u 0pitch on that 50% pitch curve, then u need to adjust your heli linkages till u get 0 pitch, with all the linkages remain at 90Degree angle (90Degre meaning, servo is at the middle of the travel).

Once u have that done. Then u adjust the TX throw (end point or EPA..depend on your heli config) so that your 100% = max +ve pitch (like 10 or 11 or 12Degree pitch) and 0% = max -ve pitch.

Comment

The reason I'm using a flat 0 curve is not for flying. It is only used for setup. I need to get the pitch 0% == 0-degrees. Right now, pitch 0% = +2 degrees. I have all my throttle and pitch curves done, for normal, idle-up 1 and idle-up 2.

"If your heli do not give u 0pitch on that 50% pitch curve, then u need to adjust your heli linkages till u get 0 pitch, with all the linkages remain at 90Degree angle (90Degre meaning, servo is at the middle of the travel)."

Other than mechanical adjustments, I suppose it is also possible to do it electronically, via subtrims? It may be more convenient to do that via subtrims, right? If so, I guess I'll have to subtrim all 3 cyclic servos?

"Once u have that done. Then u adjust the TX throw (end point or EPA..depend on your heli config) so that your 100% = max +ve pitch (like 10 or 11 or 12Degree pitch) and 0% = max -ve pitch."

I believe there are different approaches. Your method is to increase / decrease the cyclic servos end points. On my older TX, I was taught to do this the other way - leave the end points default at 100%, then adjust the swash mix. I'd like to do the same on ER9X but not sure what's the "swash mix" equivalent. If I can't find it, then I gotta do it the EPA way.

Thanks!
      Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
      Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
      Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
      Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

Comment

Addition:
        Try to adjust the mechanical part...that is, the linkages while maintaining the servo horn and 90Degree (or servo at middle position) to give u 0 pitch.
        Use subtrim only when the servo horn is not at 90Degre (or middle position). In other word, use your subtrim to adjust the servo till u get 90Degree 1st. Then adjust mechanical till u get 0pitch.

Some servo (even on the same model) will give u slighly off center compare to others. This is the nature of the servo. That is where u use subtrim to calibrate it back to the center.

In some digital servo (like in Hitec Digital Servo) allow u to calibrate (through their programming device) so that the servo is in the center position. Thus, not required to use subtrim.

Comment

Working...
        X