X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyro Double-Flashes

Please refer to the video:

The definition of the double-flashes as stated by the manual:
    The servo center position has been shifted, please adjust the neutral / center point of the (servo?? gyro??).

It happened after I repositioned the tail servo. I adjusted the servo arm and tail rudder push rod so that both of them are 90 degrees. After that, it became like that. And the heli feels like rate mode. I have to keep applying rudder right as it spools up.

I believe my tail setup is incomplete. As I'm new to tail setup, please guide me. :smile3: I read through some guides which instructed me to move the tail servo mount. However, my tail servo mount is permanently fixed to the frame and cannot be moved. Am I confused?

How should I fix this? Thanks!
    Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
    Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
    Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
    Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

I would perform the following:

1. Ensure the transmitter is in rate mode (less than 50 or less than 0, depends on brand of txm)
    2. Move the rudder stick on left and right, and no binding occurs on both endpoints
    3. Increase the gyro gain to Head-holding mode ( more than 50 or more than 0, depends on brand of txm)
    4. Hold the Head with left hand and the tail with right hand, standing on the left of the helicopter
    5. Shift tail left and right, and check the tail pitch movement
    6. The tail pitch assembly slider should move away from you while shifting the tail towards you. (helicopter head turn right)
    7. Similarly, the tail pitch assembly slider move towards you while shifting the tail away from you. (helicopter head turn left)

maybe too many words, hope it help you.

Comment

Originally posted by whitejoy View Post
      I would perform the following:

1. Ensure the transmitter is in rate mode (less than 50 or less than 0, depends on brand of txm)
      2. Move the rudder stick on left and right, and no binding occurs on both endpoints
      3. Increase the gyro gain to Head-holding mode ( more than 50 or more than 0, depends on brand of txm)
      4. Hold the Head with left hand and the tail with right hand, standing on the left of the helicopter
      5. Shift tail left and right, and check the tail pitch movement
      6. The tail pitch assembly slider should move away from you while shifting the tail towards you. (helicopter head turn right)
      7. Similarly, the tail pitch assembly slider move towards you while shifting the tail away from you. (helicopter head turn left)

maybe too many words, hope it help you.
      Thanks whitejoy for your reply!

I did step 1 to 7, but at 6 and 7, it's the opposite. I think I'll have to switch "D/R" the gyro from the current NOR to REV. Is this correct?
      Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
      Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly

Comment

Originally posted by FyreSG View Post
        Thanks whitejoy for your reply!

I did step 1 to 7, but at 6 and 7, it's the opposite. I think I'll have to switch "D/R" the gyro from the current NOR to REV. Is this correct?
        yes.

also check the tail pitch movement in response to the rudder stick.
        look at the tail pitch from behind of helicopter.
        1. tail pitch move to the right when left stick
        2. tail pitch move to the left when right stick

happy flying

Comment

Two more thing to check!

Thanks to whitejoy, I managed to get the rudder and gyro configured correctly. Yet, the tail still went crazy while spooling up - the gyro did not seem to work at all! Something was still very wrong. I suspected the servo and/or gyro were faulty.

Then came the weekend and I met up with Tommy. While he verified the configs to be correct, he discovered that the tail blade holders were mounted wrongly!

The side with the screws should be facing outwards, bolt should be facing inwards. After ensuring that the tail blade holders are mounted the right way, the tail blades are also mount the right way, the helicopter was able to hover. Case closed.

Those who are having similar faults, you may wish to check these 2 items too:

- Refer to the manual, ensure that the tail blade holders are mounted the "right" way.
          - Refer to the manual, ensure that the tail blades are mounted onto the holders the "right" way.

Feels great to be airborne again!

Comment

Working...
          X