Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy metal version of the "Tail Pitch Assembly"?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy metal version of the "Tail Pitch Assembly"?

The ball link was loose when screwed into the stock plastic tail pitch assembly on my KDS 450QS. Even after applying CA then screwing the ball link in, the ball link "disappears" before the helicopter lifts off the ground. Good thing I discovered it before I began with my hovering training exercise!

Well, I could get the exact same plastic one to replace the broken one from SkyHobbies or Hobby Square:

But I suppose it may break again as it is made of plastic. Is there a metal version (perhaps of other brands) that is compatible with this helicopter? Hopefully, local shops sell just this particular part that I need so I don't need to change the entire tail assembly to a metal one.

Thanks for your advise!
    Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
    Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
    Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
    Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

Firstly CA is not the right glue to use. Secondly you might have over man handled
    when screwing in the little screw. You have to be gentle & handle with finesse no
    over tightening. thread lock is the proper glue to use.

Comment

I didn't screw it in on day 1. It was RTF so I flew out of the box. Then it crashed and the ball link came out. When I screwed it in, it's already damaged as it can be screwed and screwed and screwed but there's no end. Not sure what the manufacturers had used to secure the ball link to that part.

After the crash, I was therefore told to use CA to try secure the ball link into position. As a matter of fact, I was reminded to use CA for plastics as threadlock is only for metal to metal.

In any case, the it's "too late" and I need recommendations on the replacement part.
      Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
      Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly

Comment

Think Skyhobbies would have the metal ones. CA is brittle not good.
        Epoxy is another alternative.

Comment

Ok, then I'll try epoxy... before buying the metal one.

Comment

Originally posted by FyreSG View Post
            Ok, then I'll try epoxy... before buying the metal one.
            Use "metal" epoxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
              Use "metal" epoxy.
              Oh no... I already used normal epoxy already. Oops!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FyreSG View Post
                Oh no... I already used normal epoxy already. Oops!!!
                Normal epoxy tends to be flexible when cured. I prefer metal epoxy for its rigidity when cured. I recommend u use JB Weld, can get from NTC.

Comment

Good info! Thanks.

As I've already applied the normal epoxy, I'll give it a try - hovering just above the ground to see if the ball link can hold up. I'll also check out Rotor for possible compatible metal version of the broken part. :onthego:

Comment

Lets not get paranoid over this. Proper application with epoxy
                    will be enough but good epoxy pls.

Comment

Close call

Good thing I hovered low. After 2 seconds off the ground, the helicopter yawed uncontrollably. I must have been lucky to land the helicopter with a tail blade with no pitch controls.

The ball link disappeared again. As the tail vibrates quite a lot, I suspect no amount of epoxy can hold the ball link in place. So, I'll drop by Rotor tomorrow to find a replacement tail pitch assembly, hopefully a metal one.

Comment

Wrong place that ur going, KDS is only available at Skyhobbies

Comment

BTW vibration at the tail might mean that the tails rotors r out of balance.
                          Try balancing them, not sure how to do it, ask Derrick when your at Skyhobbies.
                          Also check that nothing is bend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffrie View Post
                            Wrong place that ur going, KDS is only available at Skyhobbies
                            Just walked back from Rotor. I wanted to get a compatible (non-KDS) replacement but they do not have stocks for that. They have a complete set (tail pitch rod, holder, etc) though but that would cost a lot.

I'll have to drive to SkyHobbies or Hobby Square then.

Comment

Working...
                            X