Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corrosion X on engine bearings.

Disclaimer: I do NOT work for corrosion X or its distributor in Singapore. I am posting this based on personal usage.

Howdy NITRO bird lovers, wondering if any brudders here does After Operation Service (AOS) for their nitro engines.

Background: I bought an align b6t 2 in 1 regulator with ignitor from LHS. Was subsequently advised to proceed with caution as the switch may be faulty which can cause a brownout of rx. Brown out may lead to the elusive chicken dance (Not a good thing at all). A good Bro of mine actually lost his bird due to a malfunction of this unit. Anyways I did a search in helifreak and found some mods that I could perform myself. However being the lazy bumster and busy daddy, I took the easy option which was to check connection and then spray the unit with a substance known as "Corrosion X". Also I wanted to somewhat slow the "aging" process of the bearings as well as the components in the engine. Corrosion X can purportedly "kill" rust & stop corrosion. According to some gun forums in US, this is the best product for lubrication & protection against corrosion. Taking into considering that the US Navy or Army uses it on their equipment for lubrication & anti-corrosion protection, it would be surely ok for our puny nitro engines. My only grouse is the smell which can be overbearing (its petroleum based btw). Anyway I have opened up the backplate and pumped in generous amounts. I will fire it up tonight and see what happens.

Just wondering, any bros here use this product to lubricate bearings or components of your birds? Apparently it managed to "waterproof" certain RC equipment as seen in youtube.

This lubricating stuff made me recall Richard Gere's visa ad: "if you free the birds, you get good luck". BUT "If you free MY bird, you get better luck"
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Yes, in r/c boat, they use it a lot.

Where u get it??? I cant get it shipped from US.

Comment

corrosion X

bro Jet hobby got sell
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shikai View Post
        bro Jet hobby got sell
        Bro, ho seh bo? many thanks for yr help last sunday. Flying with rich settings made my day. Love the smoke. Seeing so many people fly so super shiok lah.

anyway I bought the CX cos I didn't want to kena brownout in the align 2-in-1 regulator so thought I'd try "nathan's fix" according to ronlund.com in helifreak. I literally dunked the on-off switch into CX and to my surprise, it still works despite being soaked to the core. I wriggled the switch vigourously and the LED didnt twitch at all. Anyway just keep my fingers crossed until my fremeco arizona regulator arrives.

Since CX was reputed to be "so good", I opened up the 91H backplate last nite and pumped quite an amount to hopefully free up the bearings and to avoid "frying the chestnuts" sound. Before that, the exterior of engine was really very dirty. Even using denatured alcohol had no effect...still black. So I just sprayed some CX on it and let it set overnight. When I saw the heli this morning, the whole engine was super duper clean! Not sure abt the bearings though but will try it out this sat & sun. If successful, I may just dunk all the servos in CX in the not so distant future.

I also applied CX to all my heli stuff like ar7000rx, DX7 batt port, phoenix sim dongle (connection so much better now!), connectors on all lipos, icharger port, parallel charging boards & all tools. I also dunk the motor and esc of HK truggy in CX, works great despite being dripping wet. Since already bought, may as well utilise it to the max. Only one complaint: The smell is horrible cos its a petroleum-based product.

Adrianli, CX can be purchased at science arts bulding #05-05 at genting lane at macpherson rd S(348524). Think if we pool $ to buy, we should get the one gallon then split, more worth it-economies of scale. IMHO, $12 for 100ml of CX is a ripoff. I bought the 455ml for $33 and also a bottle of rejex (for $32) which is supposedly super good for the car paint. There are also products like CX heavy duty paste. There is also reelx which is for bearings/parts exposed to high temp. I was just surfing the net just now and found that SHS also selling CX.

Btw, according to Wendy (sales rep), CX only comes in spray bottles cos the aerosol bottles are more exp to ship
        Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Hi bro,im fine still in ICT .feel free to ask for my help ill be glad to help and come down fly with us more frequently .im using speed x for all my bearings,much smooth then cx.if u can come this sunday i let u try.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi bro,im fine still in ICT .feel free to ask for my help ill be glad to help and come down fly with us more frequently .im using speed x for all my bearings,much smooth then cx.if u can come this sunday i let u try.
            wah so you also aware of the "magic" solution now
            Heli-ADDICTION:

Comment

Bro, how come you have such a good stuff but never let me know. All you know is only ask me to prepare Sambal Kang kong.