Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stripping Main Gear on Trex700E

Weather too hot lately??? After more than 10 over flights on my Trex700E, then main gear stripped last last weekend. Managed to come down in one piece without damage.

Then I went rotor to get the replacement :
    http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={134FC959-80C5-4D04-BA87-D3EE3743A014}&pn=1

After fixed up, happily flying yesterday for 1min into the flight and the main gear stripped again!!! Lucky managed to bring it down safely again. Thatz the beauty of a 700size heli.

What went wrong??? Nothing ever changed to my settings at all. Furthermore, I applied silicone grease on my main gears.

Dont wish to spend another 20bucks on another main gear before find the true reason. Any encounter similar gear stripping???

you need an all belt heli.

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
      you need an all belt heli.
      Logo 700 looks good.

Comment

How was your gear mesh clearance & are you on helical or straight cut Mod 1 gear ?

Comment

Manufacturing bug/fault on that particular batch of main gear?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffrie View Post
            How was your gear mesh clearance & are you on helical or straight cut Mod 1 gear ?
            I am on slanted MOD1 gear. Gear meshing is newspaper thickness as per all my 7 helis. Using KDE adjustable motor mount. Using 12T with Scorpion HK4035-500 motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
              Manufacturing bug/fault on that particular batch of main gear?
              I dont know. Been reading the other forums(runryder, heli feak, etc...) they say earlier batch, in 2009 or 2010, yes. But now dont have. Some are due to CC governor, but I using MEGA esc. Mine not happen on spin up but during flight.

For now its grounded, giving other helis more flight time.

Comment

Hmmm,

There's only two things that I can think off

1. None stock pinion made of steel

2. The motor is too torquey. Btw are you using lots of pitch like 13 or 14 deg ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffrie View Post
                  Hmmm,

There's only two things that I can think off

1. None stock pinion made of steel

2. The motor is too torquey. Btw are you using lots of pitch like 13 or 14 deg ?
                  1. Pinion is Align 12T slanted

2. This motor was used in my other 600size heli w/o any problems. I set my pitch to only 12deg max. Me sports flyer only, no 3D, flipping or rolling.

Comment

Hmmm could really be qc issues. Perhaps you should go back to straight cut Mod 1
                    gear. Nosier but more efficient with no side thrust issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X