Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on KDS 450QS

Hi all,

I'm a total newb to flying. Got really bored and decided to buy a RTF kit - KDS 450QS.

Today, I finally started up the heli (after 3 months). I noticed while throttling, my blades are tilting right (high) left (low) while I am looking directly at the heli.

Not familiar with terms being used, but I am trying to find out how to level the blades horizontally?

I wasn't successful in search for the info I want. Maybe bcos I am using wrong terminologies?

Pls help a newb! Thanks!!!

I'm guessing you are referring to tracking issue? Do u mean one blade is high, the other is lower? Its a very simple fix if it's tracking issue u are facing.. Will share with u how to solve it once u confirm that's ur problem ;)

Originally posted by BaDao View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a total newb to flying. Got really bored and decided to buy a RTF kit - KDS 450QS.

Today, I finally started up the heli (after 3 months). I noticed while throttling, my blades are tilting right (high) left (low) while I am looking directly at the heli.

Not familiar with terms being used, but I am trying to find out how to level the blades horizontally?

I wasn't successful in search for the info I want. Maybe bcos I am using wrong terminologies?

Pls help a newb! Thanks!!!

Comment

From what you say , i think should be tracking problem and the problem you have now with the blade is called " butterfly " whereby when you spin the blades , you see one blade at a higher position and the other at a lower position . Like butterfly wings when in flight . Depending on where you live , kindly go to a nearby funfly and ask pple to teach you to track your blades properly . Or maybe you can bring your heli to the shop that you buy from and ask them . I would suggest that you don't fly your heli with that problem .

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies. I'm going a little slow in this Internet age. Sorry for the late response!

I took 3 photo shots to show what I am trying to say (hopefully) - before throttle, during throttle & after throttle.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,
          You have to line the paddles so that it's parallel the rotor head. Turn the paddles & get it in line with the tail
          boom. View fron behind & adjust the paddle till it's parallel to the rotor head. Both paddles has to be set this
          way. The idea here is to ensure that the paddles have ZERO pitch. Failing to do so equals what your experiencing.
          Also ensure the the paddles are equi distance for both sides taking measurements from rotor housing to the edge
          of the paddles.

Comment

Originally posted by BaDao View Post
            Thanks guys for your replies. I'm going a little slow in this Internet age. Sorry for the late response!

I took 3 photo shots to show what I am trying to say (hopefully) - before throttle, during throttle & after throttle.
            looking from the nose. before, during and after throttle. why your swash plate is tilted one side.
            meaning looking from nose , the left side is tilted down compare to right side.
            if i am correct reading from the pictures.
            JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Good catch bro. Didnt see that

Comment

Hey Da Bao,

Mh is correct. Check your transmitter to ensure that servo trim is at center for all channels.
                If it's centered next step is to ensure that your servo horns are 90 deg to the body of the servo.
                Reason for doing this is to try to get equal servo travel for both ends. After doing this, you would
                have to adjust the swash plate. Reference to use is the main rotor shaft. Adjust the ball links so that
                the swash plate is perpendicular to the main shaft looking from the nose as well as looking from the
                side of the heli. Once set try spooling up again to check.

Comment

Help on KDS 450QS

If i'm not wrong, the rate setting on your tx is out.
                  I had the same problem when i fooled around with it.
                  Try resetting the rate setting on your tx.

For kds model, especially RTF, it looked like the cyclic servo connected to channel 5 causing the problem.

Can give derick at skyhobbies a call or helifreak.com on rate setting your tx yourself.
                  Or you can drop by at one of the field, some of the otai are more than glad to help out.

Comment

Working...
                  X