Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, heli crashed due to unknown reason.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, heli crashed due to unknown reason.

I was flying normal mode with 75% throttle and the moment I switched to idle up with 10"% throttle curve, heli went to right and crashed .transmitter not responding to the heli when I tried to recover. 4th crash due to the same reason.Anyone can help here. What could be the reason?
    I already changed new ESC/BEC ,motor .Left servos and receiver that stock item. Is it due to insufficient power to the spectrum receiver caused malfunctioned ?
    LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Suspect power insufficient but need more info on your equipment.
    Too many helis!

Comment

75% throttle and 10% is a big difference in power. 10% is too low. Why did you program the curve for 10%?
      Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

U meant 100% thr? If its 10%, the bird would hv dropped down n not go up. Pics of setup would be helpful to assess yr prob.
        Heli-ADDICTION:
        Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
        JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I suggest to check the following:
          1. Throttle curve
          Mine is Normal: 0-40-70-90-100
          Idleup: 100-90-70-90-100

2. Pitch curve:
          Mine is Normal: 43-48-50-75-100
          Idleup: 0-25-50-75-100

3. Gyro gain is the same for both modes. I made the mistake of having rate mode in Idleup, and the heli keep spinning around at the moment I switch to Idle mode.

Hope it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by kiply View Post
            75% throttle and 10% is a big difference in power. 10% is too low. Why did you program the curve for 10%?
            Sorry,typed wrongly its 100% throttle.
            LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
              U meant 100% thr? If its 10%, the bird would hv dropped down n not go up. Pics of setup would be helpful to assess yr prob.
              The following are my settings,

Throttle curve normal-0,65,65,65,100
              Idle-100% flat

Pitch curve normal- 30,40,50,75,100
              Idle- 0,25,50,75,100

Gyro gain normal-38%
              idle gain- 55%

I'm using beast X with 80a Hobby Wing ESC and Castle BEC. Scorpion motor. Due to this issue,i 've changed almost 90 percent of the electronics yet issue not resolved. Left my stock item which is align servos and spektrum receiver that i havent change.
              LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Comment

Originally posted by ah_liang View Post
                Suspect power insufficient but need more info on your equipment.
                Beast X
                Scorpion motor
                Hobby Wing 80A ESC w Castle BEC
                Align DS510 cyclic
                Align DS520 Tail
                Spektrum receiver
                DX7
                LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Comment

Thanks for all the advise. I'm a beginner and crashed once due to pilot error. since then crashing due to same reason which is switch to idle up, heli swing invert to right and crashed. no matter how my throttle curve look like. flat or v still the same.
                  LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Comment

The moment i idle up, strange sound from the motor like not enough power. its a new scorpion motor with 1 week old only. same issue with my previous motor align 500
                    LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Comment

Originally posted by Ravin View Post
                      Beast X
                      Scorpion motor
                      Hobby Wing 80A ESC w Castle BEC
                      Align DS510 cyclic
                      Align DS520 Tail
                      Spektrum receiver
                      DX7
                      dude, u hv a very good setup. think its the settings of the bx which I m sure there are many experts here who can share their experience on setting up a good heli. Sorry arh but I m old school who still flies flybar birds.
                      Heli-ADDICTION:
                      Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                      JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravin View Post
                        I was flying normal mode with 75% throttle and the moment I switched to idle up with 10"% throttle curve, heli went to right and crashed .transmitter not responding to the heli when I tried to recover.....

I assume your "heli went to the right" is referring to aileron movement goes to right or heli tilted right. No responding to heli..

That one... I suspect is due to your TX configuration might be wrong. It could be when u switch to idle up mode, the transmitted signal is not what u want.
                        What is your TX?
                        I believe your TX has the "monitor" mode that u can see all your channel value when u move your TX stick right? If so, switch to monitor mode and see the channel value when u move the stick on normal mode and idle up mode.

SH

Comment

Hi Bro maybe u can double check 3 things.

1. settings: put on swashplate leveler. with your TC at linear from 0 to 100.. pitch up n down to the max n see if swashplate is level.

2.Double check setting M in your beast x

3. double check for vibes
                          sigpicWhy give yourself boundaries when the world has none...

Comment

I am using beastx with my heli, and concur vibration can cause a flybarless heli to respond poorly to control. Threadstarter i hope you can do the following so we can determine if the gyro is causing the problem. Take off your main blades and tail blades, and on the ground power your heli in normal mode as usual. Then switch to idle up and observe your swashplate, see if it is tilting to the right without touching the heli. I have seen occasions when helis equipped with beastx tilt sideways because the gyro is not fixed properly, the foam tape is not sticky enough. Let us know what you have observed, then we can continue from there. One more thing is make sure on your radio your subtrims and trimming is absolutely zero. For beastx, all subtrims and trimming are done through the gyro.
                            Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet View Post
                              I assume your "heli went to the right" is referring to aileron movement goes to right or heli tilted right. No responding to heli..

That one... I suspect is due to your TX configuration might be wrong. It could be when u switch to idle up mode, the transmitted signal is not what u want.
                              What is your TX?
                              I believe your TX has the "monitor" mode that u can see all your channel value when u move your TX stick right? If so, switch to monitor mode and see the channel value when u move the stick on normal mode and idle up mode.

SH
                              Please watch the video of my monitor. Idle up followed by normal mode.
                              LOGO 500

DX7s Mode 2

Lu Langsi Lu Mati

Comment

Working...
                              X