• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CAMCOPTER

dont flame me yet guys!
    see the vids 1st.
    esp the 2nd clip at 02:44 - 02:48.

what shocked me is the sharpness of the vid.
    way much better than gopro or DSLR.

oh...i think it's better than a 800 class helo

Many Thanks for Sharing!

Nice post bro! I had to admit it is darn hell of a real dedicated AV machine ever constructed for professional level. The demand to meet commercial criteria in bigger projects overseas are plenty. However, most of our local AV including aviation sectors are rather budget including media broadcasters evevn on our television. Therefore, to achieve that form of quality, there is much price to pay with due convinced investments returns. Only then, the demand will arise...

Our present mentality is that if the results can be produced with acceptable compromise without much losses and yet, match close towards the outcome as produced by those costly equipments, it would be regarded as much success with speed...

PS: Frankly, I would put on GOPRO HD Hero 2 onto a Quad with more power as compared to loaning hefty equipments by the hour...
    1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
    2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
    3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
    4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
    5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
    6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
    7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
    8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
    9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
    10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
    & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

i believe our small quads will have wind/power probs.so using it has it's limits.
      the pros n cons of Big Vs small.
      of cos the biggest con in having such a big RC is we cant bring it into sg..lol

Comment

I have been exploring aerial video technologies since I started flying in 2002...
        Almost had a training stint with FlyingCam.com who does lots of hollywood grade shots with RC Helis...

To achieve broadcast grade video, you need a flying platform with good payload capabilities because high end cameras that can yield good image quality weighs a lot. Coupled with high end stabilised gimbals, that can weigh even more and cost even more.

Ten years down in 2012, with HD camera easily available and in smaller packages, micro-electronics cheaper, autopilot systems readily available and affordbale, etc...similar capabilities can be achieved, but you're right that nobody have the budget...

Even insurance companies locally refused to provide me with a plan to cover me if I implement this service in SG.
        [SIZE="1"]
        [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
        Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by syc77 View Post
          http://fstoppers.com/the-camcopter-i...ous-rc-chopper

what shocked me is the sharpness of the vid.
          way much better than gopro or DSLR.
          No way you can compare a $400 GoPro cam with a proper broadcast/cine grade cameras onboard those helis.
          [SIZE="1"]
          [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
          Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
          X