Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what governor?

Other than the gv-1, what governors do our local shops carry?tj pro?rev max?

sigpic

personally i would get the rev max or tj pro from overseas. shipped in its still much cheaper than the gv 1. besides, gv 1 apparantly has some lagging issues which the high speed mode of the tj pro and rev max solved...
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

was thinking of ordering the tj pro from overseas(cyberheli) since it cost less than $150 shipped...but me no credit card leh...any other alternative method of payment?

sigpic

Comment

i can order for you but you pay me by bank transfer lor
        JR 9x
        Raptor 50 SE
        Raptor 90 3D
        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

thanks lot man brandon...pm u...

sigpic

Comment

Anyone using the below and care to share their performance? Curtis Youngblood - Active Throttle Governor
            Throttle Jockey - Rev Max

I'm deciding on one of these. Any others good for recommendation? Other than Gv1...

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
              Anyone using the below and care to share their performance? Curtis Youngblood - Active Throttle Governor
              Throttle Jockey - Rev Max

I'm deciding on one of these. Any others good for recommendation? Other than Gv1...

Hi HotDogBun,

I have not used other governor yet. I have recently installed Rev Max into my Raptor 50. According to spec, Rev Max is to used to limit the RPM of the engine to avoid over ram, thus it can be classified as governor as well because you can set the max rpm you wants with it.

I tried out by pumping the raptor up and down and you can hear the engine sound when the Rev Max kick into action to control the RPM of the engine.

One safe side for me that Rev Max will help me to limit the RPM and will not avoid sudden over ram of the speed which might kill the engine.
              Raptor 50 Titan
              Full Kasama Head and tail upgrade
              Futaba GY502
              Align 2 in 1 regulator
              MP5
              RevMax Governor
              Futaba S9254 digital servo

Mini Titan
              Full metal head and tail upgrade
              Jeti 44 ESC
              Carbon rotor and tail blade
              Hitec 65HB x 3
              Futaba S9257
              Futaba GY401

Walkera HM 60B
              Carbon rotor and tail blade
              Full metal head and tail upgrade
              3D capable

Walkera 4#3B
              2.4GHz TX
              Flying in my room during rainning days

Walkera HM 5-4
              Mini Park Flyer
              JR PCM 9X II

Comment

I'm using the eMultigov for my eraptor, but there is a nitro version of it. It is available @ SHS or you can order overseas directly from www.aerospire.com

It is working very well for me. Very consistent headspeed.

Comment

Replied in the afternoon...don't know why the post never appear.

But anyway, just to share, the governor that I got with brandon's help almost 3years ago is still working great with its original sensor. The TJ pro/rev max are quite small which gives them a very small footprint, so they don't take up much space on the radio tray. You can even stick it onto your rx. Only issue is, you need to find a tach at the field to check your headspeed, but its just a done once and forget thing.

The most interesting governor now would probably be the RL30. Its suppose to be able to reduce your collective when you bog the engine rpm too much.

sigpic

Comment

After reading through the comments it seems that the ATG will change the entire throttle curve to meet the max RPM at 100% curve but the TJ-Rev Max will not kick in unles the speed is over the limit.
                    If I never read wrongly and I am right, that means ATG will be easily to set?
                    I am actually quite fixed on ATG actually because of the cost and the comments...
                    BTW I am using a Multiplex Cockpit 7Chn, and I have no idea how to assign any switch for the Gov, cause there seems to be no switch for assignment ..
                    Anyone using ATG care to share?
                    Any comments anyone?

Comment

Bun .. ive been using ATG for about a year now .. and am a happy user

as long as you've another spare channel and you can tune the travel of that channel from your TX .. then it can use that for ATG

the ATG .. like most new governor has an indicator that tells us the 'set RPM' based on the blinking LED .. i also tach-ed it with the Skytach tach and found it to be accurate within +-50 rpm

Go download the manual to have a feel how easy to setup .. cant really comment on that since easy or not is relative

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                      After reading through the comments it seems that the ATG will change the entire throttle curve to meet the max RPM at 100% curve but the TJ-Rev Max will not kick in unles the speed is over the limit.
                      If I never read wrongly and I am right, that means ATG will be easily to set?
                      I am actually quite fixed on ATG actually because of the cost and the comments...
                      BTW I am using a Multiplex Cockpit 7Chn, and I have no idea how to assign any switch for the Gov, cause there seems to be no switch for assignment ..
                      Anyone using ATG care to share?
                      Any comments anyone?
                      Heli:
                      . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                      . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                      . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                      . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                      . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                      . Ok Model Medallion
                      . E*Star Storch
                      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                      . Canon 7D & 500D
                      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                      . Canon 85mm f1.8
                      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

The RL30 is a governor + rev limiter in one, top it off with the collective management as a bonus should you decide to experiment with it

Comment

Let me count, 2 for cyclic, 1 for collective, 2 for gyro, 1 for throttle. Means I have just nice 1 chn left .... right?
                          How about setting the gov on the TX? I heard that we can switch it on and off from TX for some gov right?

Ken, keep your poison away I need to study this well first. My OS Hyper not working well the last time, I can't seem to tune it well or I richen it too much.... abit kia si type...

Comment

You need to either do some programming on the tx or get something like a gv-1 with the on-off function. Takes one more channel on the tx I think. But there really is of no real use of gov on off for weekend stick banging. Once you are on a governor, you will not be able to live w/o one.

sigpic

Comment

i use the CSM rev lock and the curtis ATG. both offer class leading performance imo.

Ade

Comment

Working...
                              X