Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailrotor strong vibration at mid rpm

hi guys,

my heli is a 90size, EP dualdrive torque tube setup. When i run the tailrotor, at around 40-50% throttle, vibration of the tail is very very strong, enough to numb my hand bad.

When i remove the tailrotor blades, there is mild vibration, then close to zero vibration at 100%.

Blades are 1set of NHP carbon.

Any advice for this super heli noob?

Check the tensile strength of your torque tube... for hairline and distorted gear mesh.
    Secondary suspect is as usual unbalanced tail blades or slight bent on the tail shaft...

Cheers!

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
    200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
    2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
    Tel : +65 6293 3968
    Official You Tube Channel
    FACEBOOK :

Comment

which heli u fly?

Comment

hey dude i know this may sound strange and doesnt make sense.. but i am guessing your heli did not come with original carbon tail blades right? well, i am right just change your blades back to the original plastic blades and the vibrations should be gone for good..

update and let e know see how it goes... thanks
        Regards,
        Xuen7

SELLING
        2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
        Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
        Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
        Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
        MCPX parts / kit etc..
        Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

xuen, it was delivered with carbon blades.

vintcs : minicopter maxijoker 3DD. I don't fly it yet, coz i'm a noob at flying helis. i'm building it for someone else to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES View Post
            Check the tensile strength of your torque tube... for hairline and distorted gear mesh.
            Secondary suspect is as usual unbalanced tail blades or slight bent on the tail shaft...

Cheers!
            hi skyhobbies. thks for the advise. so far the shafts appear to be pretty true visually. trying also to check for slack in the linkages.

i hope it's just reasonance frequency vibration. without the blades, when I gradually accelerate the tailrotor, from 0-40%, there is very little vibration, then at 40-50% there is mild but noticable vibration, which disappears as i accelerate to 100%.

Comment

Just 2cents worth.
              For vibrations, I always remove the entire rotor head and tail blades, then try zoom in on spot, not sure if it's what you've done.

I dont trust my eyes, usually do "shaft" replacement to be sure.
              At 100% there is chance there's chances of vibration, perhaps too high frequency to feel it?

Comment

Originally posted by corytan View Post
                hi guys,

my heli is a 90size, EP dualdrive torque tube setup. When i run the tailrotor, at around 40-50% throttle, vibration of the tail is very very strong, enough to numb my hand bad.

When i remove the tailrotor blades, there is mild vibration, then close to zero vibration at 100%.

has the heli crashed before?

if he has, is the vibration nodding up and down or shaking left and right ? if up and down, check your main shaft. if its left and right, check your tail shaft. i suspect its the tail shaft. you can check when you spool up, the tail shaft will wobble because its bent. cheers.
                Kedi AH !

Comment

Do check the tail boom supports and landing skids too.

Comment

is this heli brand new? if not, should check out this rotor shaft or the gears for smoothness mentioned by the fellow flyer. did u compare with the same heli that there similiar vibration issue.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by corytan View Post
                      hi guys,

Hi i am noob too,
                      Does your heli Tail produce a distinct whoom fanning sound when 40-50% throttle?
                      Im a lousy flier. ☠

Comment

Working...
                      X