Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie query

Hi. I am learning to fly 450 heli. I am wondering how far u can fly it and still see it's orientation clearly. I seen on youtube those heli flyers can fly it real far and real high. i cant even see the heli properly, much less their orientation. For myself, a distance of 20m is already too far. So.. is this normal even for experienced flyers?? how do u all maintain orientation at far distance...
    Thanks!

It will be easier to visualize the heli at far distance when it is at fast forward flight.

Comment

During FFF? But there will be times when u want to stablise it and hover. I find that it's hard to hover from far.. cant tell where's the tail..

Comment

Get a bigger heli???

Comment

Originally posted by POWER View Post
          Hi. I am learning to fly 450 heli. I am wondering how far u can fly it and still see it's orientation clearly. I seen on youtube those heli flyers can fly it real far and real high. i cant even see the heli properly, much less their orientation. For myself, a distance of 20m is already too far. So.. is this normal even for experienced flyers?? how do u all maintain orientation at far distance...
          Thanks!
          Use bright colors on your canopy, tail blades and vertical tail fins. It helps alot ESP for us who r learning bro
          sigpicWhy give yourself boundaries when the world has none...

Comment

just fly at a distance that is comfortable to u.

Comment

a few ways to overcome without changing to bigger bird:

1) change to neon orange kbdd tail blades;

2) spray canopy to bright orange with black arrow sticker;

3) spray the tail boom;

4) practise hovering religiously on a sim.

A master once told me: if you cannot even hover tail-in comfortably then u should not be flying the bird. Advice that I still adhere til today. On days when I dun feel too comfy, I will just hover tail-in, side and little nose-in. No other flights, not even forward flight.

If you decide to upgrade and budget permits, go straight to 600/700 size and skip those in between. I "lost" quite a bit by selling my 500 birds but glad it found credible new owners.

Good luck and dun give up.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Getting a bigger bird seems to be the most direct solution. but it's way too costly for learning?? where do you get the bright tail blades? anyyway, paint the canopy with what? i mean any kind of spray paint will work?? and i usually fly without the canopy.. is a chore to get the canopy on for belt cp v2..
                Thanks for ur replies..

Comment

get some tamiya paint also can. or go to those hardware store and get reflective sticker.

Comment

u can buy some luminous spray paint at daiso..

Comment

Working...
                    X