Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between .....

Been playing RC cars for long time but now wish to go into heli. Saw those mini heli like blade MCPX, MSR....etc are all about the same size as those i saw in toy departments which cost around 40 to 50 plus.

Whats the difference in the blade which cost more? Can these blade's heli withstand crash coz i know those toy type can.

Sorry for these maybe stupid question but wish to know only.

An mcpx can go very very very far away from you and still be controllable. That's one difference. (Tested personally)

okok. These are all hobby grade 'toys', thus the electronics and parts used are of a higher quality.

They also allow more control and functionality over those found in toy stores. For example, a CP (collective pitch) helicopter allows the pilot to fly the helicopter upside down. I don't think any toy grade helis allow that.

Go to youtube and I'm sure you can find many many videos of amazing stuff people can do with hobby grade helis, grass cutting for one.

Comment

Departmental concerns...

Well, departmental stores will never sell heli that propels more speed on the blades that they deemed safe for any under rated children. Revolutions & servos are much higher grade with gyroscopic brain that balance it at higher speeds in even wind conditions. That is the difference why toys are always toys & cost that much in Metros, Toy r us etc.

If those harmless $40 toys cuts u, nothing happens. But if Blade MCPx or Nine Eagles of similar size cuts on your skin, you'll see red slashes & blood or even deeper. A penny's worth for quality without much compromise in sophisticated miniature delicate hobby.

PS: Only once you've overcome your fear of handling small ones that you can take on bigger ones...
      1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
      2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
      3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
      4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
      5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
      6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
      7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
      8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
      9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
      10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
      & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

ic ic.....

thanks bros for the explanation.

any recommendation for beginner?

Comment

Originally posted by xscape View Post
          ic ic.....

What's your budget? The best and safest would be to get a simulator (software) to practise on before trying the new stuff.

Comment

another thing to add those toy r s .no support spare parts or upgrad parts . tat the diffrent
            mike

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
              another thing to add those toy r s .no support spare parts or upgrad parts . tat the diffrent
              Haha! Bling bling. How poisonous they are

Comment

There are many brands available that can work for you starting out, but I recommend what I know.

Blade is more expensive, but more well supported, more forum support and can link with 2.4 ghz spectrum tech. There are other more affordable brands, but I not so familiar.

Suggestion 1 - Slow but Steady
                Start with Blade MCX2, coaxial, stable, can fly in the flat, safe, can learn basic orientation. Then move on to Blade mSR (wait for the new flybarless one), more control, faster but still reasonably safe. Then you can move on to CP. By this stage you should know more on your own.

Pros: Slow, steady, progression. Can fly indoors, spend in small chunks.
                Cons: Learn some 'bad habits' that must be unlearned once you switch to CP.
                Suitable if: Don't want to take too much risk, spend $ incrementally, unsure how committed you are.

Suggestion 2 Fast Track
                Go straight to CP. Can start with the micro size ones (MCPx, Genius etc) then move on to bigger models. Pros will suggest starting with bigger CP cause more stable, which helps in the learning.

Pros: Learn CP faster the right way.
                Cons: Steep learning curve, expensive, spend more time learning and fixing at the start instead of flying
                Suitable if: You have good reflexes, know you are committed to this, prepared to spend at least 1k starting out.

Comment

you can find great RTF kits here in marketplace.
                  I love PAP

Comment

ic ic.....

trex600. you will never look back again.
                    Heli-ADDICTION:
                    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

ic ic.....

Phoenix Simulator V3 with a decent Transmitter (minimum 6 channels)
                      Gravity Always Wins.....

Comment

Working...
                      X