Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

450 Pro tail linkage rod

Just checking if anyone has faced similar problem on 450 Pro (or clone, like mine) where I found that the tail linkage rod is really slightly on the short side...

I've done the tail blade grip flip mod to get the blade geometry correct (counter torque at rudder neutral position), but it really, really stretching the tail linkage rod if I want to set the rudder servo at 90 degrees to the rod.

A bit worried about extending the rod too much, as the plastic link ends need some threads for security.

I'm using a goteck ds9257 as rudder servo; not much different in dimensions, I think, from the stock Align DS520.

Anybody else finds the tail linkage rod at 330mm is too short? How did you solve this problem?
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

You can try going another hole out from the servo horn.. Gives u a bit more throw..
    Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
    Avant Aurora (E1)
    Avant Aurora (E2)
    Mcp X
    GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
    JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
    will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

Comment

Originally posted by remotemadness View Post
      You can try going another hole out from the servo horn.. Gives u a bit more throw..
      Thanks.

That's what I'm doing now... bias the servo arm off 90 degrees (can't avoid doing this, as the rod is just a bit short), and switch to another outer hole on the arm. Then have to reduce the travel for the "rudder left" servo movement to avoid binding.

I watched the "Finless" videos on Helifreak on the "flip grip mod" for the Pro, but no mention of the linkage rod being too short to get servo arm 90 degrees to the rod!

Just checking if there are other smart solutions to extend the rod, or "borrowed" parts from other models that can suit the purpose.
      Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.

Comment

You sure your boom in completely bro?

You might wish to check both ends of the boom if it is "in" entirely. I dun think think the tail rod is short...
        1. Mikado Logo 800 XXtreme;Mikado Logo 600
        2. Align 700N DFC;600EFL;600Nx3;550E;700E,Flasher 600E
        3. Aeolus 50Nx2,Aeolus 50Ex2
        4. Thunder Tiger X50N;X50E
        5. Compass 6HV;Compass7HVx2;Atom 500Ex3;Compass 3DPlus N,WARP360
        6. Velocity 50N,Srimok 90N,Protos 500E,TZ90N
        7. Goblin 90E,GAUI X7,KDS700E;KDS550E,
        8. Mingda MD7/8,M3D600Ex2,Assault 700Ex2,RUSH750
        9. Agile 7.2x2, Agile 5.5,Curtis Rave Ballistic 90ENV
        10. KDS Chase 360,GAUI X3 x 2,Goblin 380
        & 500s,450s,250s in deep slumber

Comment

Originally posted by daveth26 View Post
          You might wish to check both ends of the boom if it is "in" entirely. I dun think think the tail rod is short...

Great idea, but it's a TT boom, so pushing the boom further in, either end, will grind the gears together... unless there's something I'm missing... I will check, anyway.

If anybody has specific measurements of your 450 Pro, will be useful for comparison, say, length of the boom, from the end/edge of the boom block, to the edge of the tail torque tube unit.

Comment

Update: daveth26 is right Thanks a lot, bro.

The torque tube was fully engaged on the tail case side, but only partially engaged at the boom block side.

Gave it another shove, and the boom could go in another 5-6mm, so the tail linkage rod now fits perfectly at the recommended length in the manual, and tail servo arm is pretty close to 90 degrees.

Drilled a small hole at the boom block through to the boom and "pinned" it with a small screw... should prevent the boom from slipping out again in future!

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
              Update: daveth26 is right Thanks a lot, bro.

The torque tube was fully engaged on the tail case side, but only partially engaged at the boom block side.

Gave it another shove, and the boom could go in another 5-6mm, so the tail linkage rod now fits perfectly at the recommended length in the manual, and tail servo arm is pretty close to 90 degrees.

Drilled a small hole at the boom block through to the boom and "pinned" it with a small screw... should prevent the boom from slipping out again in future!
              I'm also thinking of doing the flip-the-grip thing on my pro tail....so. now on your pro...where do u put your rudder ball link...>10mm or <10mm?...Im planning to move it to 8mm to get more resolution
              [COLOR=Magenta]Solo Pro V2[/COLOR],[COLOR=Purple]Trex 450 Pro[/COLOR],[COLOR=DarkOrange]Blade 450 3D[/COLOR],[COLOR="#FF0000"]WL Toys V911[/COLOR], [COLOR="#0000FF"]MCPX V2[/COLOR],
              [COLOR="#B22222"]HK Bixler[/COLOR],[COLOR="#4B0082"]HK Atom Mini Glider[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]DJI F450 + NAZA [/COLOR]
              [COLOR="#A52A2A"]Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
              [/COLOR]

MSH Mini Protos (KIV)

Comment

Working...
              X