Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for beginner

Hi, I would like to start out on flying a heli. But I am undecided on which one to get.

A. Esky Honey Bee King 4 rtf

or

B. Align Trex 500 / 550. with a separate digital tx.

I was told the Trex comes with a very powerful gyro that can help to stablise the heli compared to the Esky. Hence, my qn.

1. Can I buy HBK4 and then upgrade the gyro to the align one which is abt $200.

2. How much difference would i see between the 2 in terms of control?

Please dun flame me...

First things first :

1. Buy a Controller
    2. Buy a simulator (a good 1)
    3. Practice on d Sim...
    4. Buy a cheap 2nd hand 450 heli
    5. Practice on both the real heli n Sim.
    6. As u improve then buy a better bigger heli (electric)
    .... that's my advice...

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth View Post
      1. Buy a Controller
      2. Buy a simulator (a good 1)
      3. Practice on d Sim...
      4. Buy a cheap 2nd hand 450 heli
      5. Practice on both the real heli n Sim.
      6. As u improve then buy a better bigger heli (electric)
      .... that's my advice...
      +1

i did this when i was starting on this hobby. bought phoenix simulator.
      IMO the most important & worthwhile(in terms of value for money) investment you can can make is the SIM...

practice ALL new moves(crank up the wind settings) on the SIM and if you can do it comfortably in the SIM. 90% of the time you can do it decently though not so pretty on the real thing. The last 10-20% is down to nerves, cos fear of crashing the real thing.. etc

Comment

The Esky come with FMS simulator as well.. very budget for money...

the rest of the simulator, i know of would be testflight 5 or 5.5 wich is about $230.

All incl of controller.

Esky, $250 RTF with FMS, Align trex 450 $500 kit no sim / tx., KDS 450 $575 all in no sim.

Comment

go for 450 at least like trex, mini t and beam. Better not to get RTF as u will eventually get your own TX. one time pain first. u can fly quite awhile on 450 class.

Comment

like that my budget got to go way up to 1k....

wait for xmas bonus liao...

Comment

u can find some at the market place. dont have to be all brand new. For heli, minimum is a 6Ch Tx.

Comment

well get the MCPX i use tat to train my child . less part reliable on crash as it light.just need satay stick with rubber band on the ski.to make the heli land better well if u are new to flying.as repair is stright forward no need pitch guage . as for linkage try buy a few pack .will do. as for wind handle no problem with mild cond. wind.as for batt no need bal. just charge with normal charger will do as for the charger plug i use servo plug need to cut away a bit of plastic .as u only need two pin +- type. set to 0.5 amp will do.
                i must say it a great inventer.
                mike

Comment

Originally posted by vintcs View Post
                  go for 450 at least like trex, mini t and beam. Better not to get RTF as u will eventually get your own TX. one time pain first. u can fly quite awhile on 450 class.
                  +1 on the tx. I was taught this quote when I first started this hobby: Buy cheap, buy twice.

No offence but if you wanna save money, heli-flying may not be so appropriate.
                  Heli-ADDICTION:
                  Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
                  JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

You can buy good tx like dx7, then buy a clone trex (because sure will crash) buy the original until you confident with your skill, unless you have a budget, or you can get a second 450 size if you don't want to for setup. but alot guru here will help you for setup, don't worry.

For sim, you can get from hobby king/store/__14304__USB_Simulator_Cable_Phoenix_RC.html
                    search for product id = "Phoenix01"
                    then you can download phoenix sim.

That's what i did because fms doesn't work in my laptop(vista).
                    I have totally crash my clone, haven't get the replacement, so i'll fly on sim first.

I also downgrade to micro heli 4ch because it's durable, at least until i can control it, not heli control me, then will get the 450 again.

Comment

Working...
                    X