Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should i make a move to flybarless?

hi everyone,

I have an atom 500 and am wondering if i should try a BeastX on it. I read good reviews on the beastx and is more affordable than the vbar, skookum etc

so, if i use a beastx, i still need a gyro? or it has both gyro and flybarless inbuilt?

i am still a newbie to flying. i can hover decently but cannot fly circuits yet.

so, is it the right time for me to make a switch?

thanks for yr help.

correction: i like my atom as it is flybarred now and i dont want to mess it with it at this point of time..It flies beautifully

on the other hand, am ready to mess with my align 250..so, is the beastx right for that?

thanks

Comment

250 go fbl may as well go for a mini protos fbl

Comment

so u mean not worth it? how about the new flybarless 3gx?

Comment

I have seven helis.

Five with vbar and two with flybar. The two with flybar only fly once in a long blue moon.

One heli with vbar is multi-rotor.

Need I say more???

Comment

Go by all means, as for me after I switch to FBL there is no looking back.
            Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
            Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
            HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
              I have seven helis.

Five with vbar and two with flybar. The two with flybar only fly once in a long blue moon.

One heli with vbar is multi-rotor.

Need I say more???
              I Dun not what to say.......

Comment

I only fly FLYBARLESS......

Comment

yes i know there is no looking back for the flybarless gurus..

I have made a search through the net etc and now it seems like beastx is just the basic end of flybarless..some say its better to invest in a skookum because of the levelling options

best is vbar it seems whereby you can detect source of vibrations

futaba cy750 is almost vibration free it seems.

But price tag for those looks like i have to sell a kidney or so to afford that

am still checking out..Now one of my options is try to get a vbar or skookum720 second hand or wait until i can afford it and make a move.

Comment

an interesting thread..may help other newbies like me..am sure the rest of you on flybarless knows that especially jonathan

Im converting all my heli to flybarless any help which one work best between microbeast and skookum 720, please guys help me decide

Comment

Here is what I am going through

Incredible319,

Here is what I am going through, it could help you.

I have been using Helicommand HC3-Xbase which is only at U$250 for an German made flybarless and a very good one.

I had an HC3-SX/SK720 which have recovery option...if you are doing 3D already, my view is you don;t need recovery option. WHich is funny because you would think you want recovery option when you 3D move is wrong to recover it....here is my experience by the time it happen to me...my instinct i to hit the "Throttle Hold" then to hit the "emergency switch first".

VBAR : Black uses a gyro that is suppose to be higher end then what the blue series use. Even since I move to Blue series...I always see higher vibration registered on the log and feel the heli is more pron to vibration.
                      Make no mistake...putting any vbar (blue or black) on a Logo Heli especially 500/600 , it is a sweat flying machine as the Logo can be a very smooth flying machine with little vibration.

I got a chance to get my Logo 600 3D with an full size VBAR black recently...and with 6 flights on Logo+vbar it fly so well....
                      Then I had to change it to my HC3-Xbase just to test yesterday....two flights on , damm I can;t decide if I should put back the VBAR

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Incredible319 View Post
                        yes i know there is no looking back for the flybarless gurus..

I have made a search through the net etc and now it seems like beastx is just the basic end of flybarless..some say its better to invest in a skookum because of the levelling options

best is vbar it seems whereby you can detect source of vibrations

futaba cy750 is almost vibration free it seems.

But price tag for those looks like i have to sell a kidney or so to afford that

am still checking out..Now one of my options is try to get a vbar or skookum720 second hand or wait until i can afford it and make a move.
                        Get the mini vbar 5.0 like what I did. It cost US$300 + US$11(Fedex shipping) = S$388 from KSmodel. Monday order, Wednesday arrive.

Follow the 11 steps of setup and its ready to be maiden. I set mine up within 1hr.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                          Get the mini vbar 5.0 like what I did. It cost US$300 + US$11(Fedex shipping) = S$388 from KSmodel. Monday order, Wednesday arrive.

Follow the 11 steps of setup and its ready to be maiden. I set mine up within 1hr.
                          You forgot to say you are expert of VBAR now.

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
                            You forgot to say you are expert of VBAR now.
                            The thing I like abt vbar is the use of control panel to adjust settings and use my own tx to adjust tail gain and dual rates.

I am not good at guessing led colours and blinking lights. See the guys at field trying to setup a microbeastx =

Thatz why I hate esc that only come with trying to guess the music tone to setup.

Thatz just me. Maybe others love blinking led and musical tones.

Comment

hi jon, adrian,

thks for the loads of advice,,yeah am sure i cant wrong with a vbar..But walletwise, these things are expensive.

And its true what you mentioned about beastx, its simple and nice but for some reason, i am not really bought by it yet. While it works like charm on big helis, i read some accounts of ppl having trouble on a 250.

will check more about this helicommand..think i will get this one if am happy with that.

thks all

Comment

Working...
                              X