Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie need some advise

Hi bro & sis,

a friend and me decided to get into rc heli recently.

We decided to get the T-Rex 500 and Spektrum DX6i. Do you guys think this choice is suitable for beginner?

Another question I need to know, is it advisable to build the heli myself or get the shop to build it for me? I do have experience in building and setting up rc cars. Will this help?

Building it yourself gets you familiar with the heli. It is a good way to learn.
    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
    JR Vibe 50: 01
    Trex600N Pro: 01
    Kasama Srimok 90: 01
    TT Raptor 50: 10
    TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
    MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
      Building it yourself gets you familiar with the heli. It is a good way to learn.
      That is what I thought also. will be useful when repair are needed. But still need guide for the set up. Other than a pitch gauge, what other tool do I need to do the set up?

Comment

Any more advise? Btw between the Spektrum DX6i and the Futaba 6J, which would be a better buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post
          That is what I thought also. will be useful when repair are needed. But still need guide for the set up. Other than a pitch gauge, what other tool do I need to do the set up?
          The experience in assembling/setting up RC cars helps.
          Yes, pitch gauge.
          Vernier calipers (not plastic ones) are good for measuring all those ball links.
          Have a set of RC-grade hex-drivers? I didn't regret getting all 4 common sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by kaon View Post
            The experience in assembling/setting up RC cars helps.
            Yes, pitch gauge.
            Vernier calipers (not plastic ones) are good for measuring all those ball links.
            Have a set of RC-grade hex-drivers? I didn't regret getting all 4 common sizes.
            I have all of those except the pitch gauge. Is a must to have a swashplate leveler and a blade balancer during the build as well?

Comment

Working...
            X