Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-T v2 build advice

Any bros here have experience building/flying the mini titan v2?

I try to use hs-65 servos for cyclic, but cannot sit firmly in the servo mounts as the servo is too "tall". I read somewhere that spacers are needed... what is the simplest solution that's commonly used, I'd like to know?

Are there any servos out there that are a direct fit without mods needed? The original Ace servos specified by TT are no longer in supply locally...

Motor? Besides using the stock OBL- motor, most other motors are too "tall" to be a direct fit... any other options for this?
    ------------------------------
    Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
    NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

For the servo use a nut as a spacer between the mount and the servo. I use a small piece of fuel tubing which works fine too.

As for the motor I'm using 2221-10 and I remove some material off the plastic swash guide which is above the motor portion so the motor wont be in contact.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Mini Titan V2

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
      Any bros here have experience building/flying the mini titan v2?

I try to use hs-65 servos for cyclic, but cannot sit firmly in the servo mounts as the servo is too "tall". I read somewhere that spacers are needed... what is the simplest solution that's commonly used, I'd like to know?

Are there any servos out there that are a direct fit without mods needed? The original Ace servos specified by TT are no longer in supply locally...

Motor? Besides using the stock OBL- motor, most other motors are too "tall" to be a direct fit... any other options for this?
      - To make the Hitec HS-65 fit, you will need to file the servo slots with a small flat file. And use some spacers(pieces of servo horn plastics or carbon pieces) between 2-3mm. Futaba S3156MG micro servos might directly fit nicely.

- Scorpion/Hyperion HK-22 series will fit the mini titan V2, the stock OBL motor works for all round flying giving longer duration and less hard on your packs, using higher power motors will give u more power if you fly aerobatics but reduce flight time and load your batteries more.
      Im a lousy flier. ☠

Comment

Thanks for the tips. At least now I have some idea of what works.

As for the servos, yes, I've seen the futaba servo casings and there are some that may fit (the mounting tabs are set lower down the casings)... but the price is

They are made in china anyway, so I was hoping that there are some (cheaper) 'clones' that will be a direct fit as well.
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Hi foxkilo, you may want to take a look at my minititan v2 modification posted today. Yes, you will need to do some filing and adding of washers.

john
          MiniTitanV2 (FBL): Koby 40LV; HC3SX; TM1000
          Trex 550E: Jive 80 hv; BeastX; TM1000
          DSX7; DX8
          Favourite tools: RJX swashplate leveler; Thunder Tiger blade balancer; RC Logger digital pitch gauge; Iroda iron; Proxxon drill set; Real Flight.

Comment

Working...
          X