Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

important -BEC stuff

just found this online

Post 2933155 - HeliFreak.com is the place to learn about Radio Controlled Helicopters and to socialize with others who are also learning and flying R/C Helis. Our Motto is Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect. Come join in on the fun and enjoy the free exchange of knowledge and experience.

good stuff. if its from lucien, then i think we should really pay attention to what he has to say.

I am a fan of using an external bec on all my 600 helis. after all the news on brownouts of spektrum rx, better to be safe than sorry.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that digital servo takes up to 5 times the power of analog servo. For most good measure, i always take the average operating ampere of a digital servo to be in the range of 2A ~ 2.5A

In the link example, a CCPM 3 x cyclic servo can draw up to 8.4A max. In practice, the load of a CCPM swash is shared across all 3 servo, so it very unlikely to hit this value even during intense flights, unless your servo is sized incorrectly, forcing it to work at stall torque.
      ------------------
      Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
      Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
      OS 91HZ
      RJX 90sz Muffler
      HC3-SX
      Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
      Align D650 Tail
      GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
      Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
      RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
      Align D610 Cyclic