Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using OS 55HZ-R Heli Engine? Run richer and you will be get the POWER..!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using OS 55HZ-R Heli Engine? Run richer and you will be get the POWER..!!

Hello guys,

I had been toying/ tuning with the OS 55HZ-R Heli Engine (bought in by Sky Hobbies) for almost a good 2 months plus, this engine needs to run richer in order to get into the "power band".

For obvious reason, I am on 30% Nitro Magic. I am on the recommended setting from OS PLUS ANOTHER 3-4 clicks. Wala..!! You get a monster in your heli.

Here the needle positions of my OS 55 HZ-R:

Mixture Control Valve: Standard factory.
    High Speed needle-valve: Standard plus 4 clicks open
    Medium Speed needle-valve: Standard plus 3 clicks open

Take this with a pinch of salt and tried it out yourself and at your own risk. I believe because this OS 55HZ-R Heli Engine is a different pressurized system from YS-56, the tuning is different from what YS used to tune. Many things come into play when tuning engine i.e. Altitude, ambient temperature, fuel (brand and nitro %), glow plug etc and most importantly your tuning experience.

There is a quote from my friend: Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars..lol..

Many times tuning an RC engine is based on individual experience and requirement but YOU will get good ballpark starting points from here if you are using OS 55HZ-R and then can fine tune from there.

Cheers..
    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
    JR Vibe 50: 01
    Trex600N Pro: 01
    Kasama Srimok 90: 01
    TT Raptor 50: 10
    TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
    MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic
Working...