Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can learn to hover from flybarless heli?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can learn to hover from flybarless heli?

Hi all

Need some advice for all guru here.
    Currently I still learn to hover on simulator and 450 class, does have much improve much. Anyway now I think of getting into nitro as my understand is bigger it more stable and easier to learn.
    For newbies like me still learn for hover can I get FBL version of heli to learn? Is it will more stable with advance controller? if it true then this should help in learning process right?

Need some advice please

Originally posted by IAmDrones View Post
    Hi all

Need some advice for all guru here.
    Currently I still learn to hover on simulator and 450 class, does have much improve much. Anyway now I think of getting into nitro as my understand is bigger it more stable and easier to learn.
    For newbies like me still learn for hover can I get FBL version of heli to learn? Is it will more stable with advance controller? if it true then this should help in learning process right?

Need some advice please
    Ops I mean not much improve in hovering

Comment

I am a newbie myself and have passed my hovering stage not too long ago, so just share my own experience.

My humble opinion is that you are better off nail down your hovering with your sim and 450 first.

There is no shortcut and no magic, just lots and lots of practice. That's why sims are such an invaluable tool.

I recall someone interviewed Nick Maxwell, he said he spent the first year just learn to hover. I believe there was no sim in his early days.

For hovering practice, I find 450 is good. Just make sure you have training gear on. Once you can hover all 4 orientations comfortably, a bigger heli would be good due to better visibility and resistance to wind, when you actually fly it.

As for FB vs. FBL, there are numerous discussions on various heli forums. I have both FB and FBL on my 450. I personally prefer to learn on a FB. It really force you to learn to correct, whereas a good FBL today can hover on it's own, even inverted.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps.

Comment

Bro,

I am FBL guy.....go FBL and it will make your learning easier.
        However make sure you get a good FBL... beastX is a great starting point.
        Best of all, crash cost will be much lower as less parts.
        Get a Trex 450 and then eother use a Align or RJX FBL head and you are in good hand.

regards,
        Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Duffy View Post
          I am a newbie myself and have passed my hovering stage not too long ago, so just share my own experience.

My humble opinion is that you are better off nail down your hovering with your sim and 450 first.

There is no shortcut and no magic, just lots and lots of practice. That's why sims are such an invaluable tool.I recall someone interviewed Nick Maxwell, he said he spent the first year just learn to hover. I believe there was no sim in his early days.

For hovering practice, I find 450 is good. Just make sure you have training gear on. Once you can hover all 4 orientations comfortably, a bigger heli would be good due to better visibility and resistance to wind, when you actually fly it.

As for FB vs. FBL, there are numerous discussions on various heli forums. I have both FB and FBL on my 450. I personally prefer to learn on a FB. It really force you to learn to correct, whereas a good FBL today can hover on it's own, even inverted.

Hope this helps

Hope this helps.
          +1 on the sim
          Heli-ADDICTION:
          Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
          JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

Thanks you for all advice.
            Yes I do understand on practice and how importance of SIM. That why I invest on SIM (More expensive that my first Co-ax heli ) Actually I try to get is some think like training wheels so I can start to learn on paddle before start to balance on bicycle.

Comment

I find that learning from a crash is just as valuable a lesson to take home. Trying not to crash is always an up hill battle against gravity, physics and a draw of luck.

SIM is just simulated physics, it doesn't give you the heart ache, "pocket pain" and the fear learnt for not respecting nature, so don't spend all the time on it and forget the practicals.
              ------------------
              Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
              Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
              OS 91HZ
              RJX 90sz Muffler
              HC3-SX
              Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
              Align D650 Tail
              GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
              Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
              RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
              Align D610 Cyclic