X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info on Trex 500 and Clone 500!

Dearest all my Heli Bros,

Since I'm very new to this...

May I humble request on the info for Trex 500?

1. Spare parts and LHS
    2. Do and Don't
    3. Servos, ESC, Gyro & Battery
    4. Tips & Tricks for flying
    5. Set up and tuning

looking forward to everyone inputs. Thank a million to all my helpful hobby bros out there.

May everyone be safe & less crushes always.
    Cheers!
    ---

Good choice, but do get the Trex500 ESP combo.it has everything except batteries.We have one ourselves for 1 year plus already.after 5 to 8 flights of banging per week,several crashes,only just yesterday the tail servo gave up.

advice:

Go to your nearest flying site and ask the advice of the heli rc pilots.heli rc pilots usually are a nice lot.

Get a simulator and practice everyday for just 20mins.For beginners at our flying site,I will only let them maiden their heli when i see they are able to hover without much drifting in the simulator.

Do not itchy bawah , and start to upgrade here and there.just fly it stock.

lastly be safe and enjoy.
    Sondol first talk later!

Comment

To keep cost down, if possible get the belt drive version. Main blades you can go for cheaper blades like Pro3D.

Comment

My advice to you is to approach and mingle with an electric Heli flying group before buying anything.

You may also come over to this place. Over there you can see a lot of different kind of clone and original Heli.
        Anchorvale Churchfield Flyers. 278 likes. This page was started on 17 November 2010.Everybody is welcomed!If you need more information in this hobby, join us as we share among each other the...

For your info everyday there will be R/C fliers (beginner, intermediate and expert) over there flying from 5pm ++ onwards till 7pm++.
        今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
        不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
        长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
        Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
        If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
        Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
        Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
        Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
        Outrage 550 (FB)6's
        Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
        Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
        Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

I would say this is by far the best value 500 combo:

Not a clone and price of a Trex 450. (only US$10 more expensive than Trex 450 Pro Super Combo kit if you look at US$ List price on Align site)

Use tail belt instead of torque tube. Good for newbies. I doubt most can tell performance difference anyway.

Motor upgraded to 500MX. ESC upgraded from 60A to 70A.

Use some plastic parts, e.g. main blade grip, tail assembly, etc.

Cheaper replacement parts even to get original Align.

I honestly don't find metal parts always make performance better.

However, I don't seem to see LHS are selling this. Not sure why.

Comment

For 4 and 5 look here.
            Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

whatever you do, pls dun fly the bird in your home.

I was damn f**king stoopid and flew my 450 in my tiny living room when I just started out in heli. All was fine until I accidentally flip the IU switch which sent the bird into a frenzy and subsequent chicken dance. almost destroyed a very expensive crystal vase. Since then, it was either fly outside or NO fly at all.
              Heli-ADDICTION:
              Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
              JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

A friend of mine bought a RTF on business trip in china. I am not sure what size but I believe at least a 450 size. He tried to fly in his hotel room and got cuts by the blades. I thought he was joking until he showed me his stitches.

You may think why someone is so dumb, but remember if you are new to the hobby, you simply don't know the danger. Same reason every time you fly at open area, you always get people come very near the heli asking all kinds of questions.

Comment

Can't agree less Duffy, there are people always come near to the heli, take a look and ask the same stupid question "how much?".. now I'm avioding all the public access area, better go to the place where no body around for my practising. I was hit by a coxial heli which was not spinning like hell even hurts me. Imaging the blades are travelling more than 100 miles velocity.?? Sure! will get serious injuries

Previously,I'm also bloody stupid and did the same hovering at my small living room on raining days. Knowing more about the heli,I do not dare.. I don't trust the Servos, Electric, & Other factors . Could happen anytime .. anywhere.. Noadays, if I even want to watch someone flying, I'm finding a tree/lamp post/ or hiding behind the flyer .. hehe

Thanks for everyone care and concrens about safety.
                  let this thread alive.. Thanks for everyone inputs .. you all are so helpful. I do much appreciate to all the hobby bros in DH.
                  ---

Comment

Dear Radio_Man, thanks a million.. hope I could join there soon.. every time I'm trying to join somethings on and didn't get a change. Raining lah .. overtime from work lah .. my wife wanted to see me flying from her sight lah..

Now I'm hiding one of my Heli at my fri's house to fly with others..

@jaZallo .. thanks for the link and kind advice.
                    @jeoff .. thanks for the advice .. my eyes aso not great.. can't see a distance without my 2nd eyes.
                    @VinCopter .. thanks.. that was wonderful information all in one. appreciate!
                    @feudallordcult .. thanks man.. I'm also bloody stupid previously ..luckily nothing spoil yet so far but stop hovering in my living room.. you poison me with your helis ..
                    ---

Comment

Working...
                    X